• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Cab for the M985 HEMTT Cargo!

paradeduty

Well, Brian with B & R Trucking just got done dropping off the new cab for the HEMTT Cargo Truck (Yay). Should make for an awesome swap and then we just have to blast the bed and frame and make her green again. Maybe that can be a winter project (Hmmmmm). If anyone needs something trucked, you can't beat B & R. He has moved 2 heavy trucks for me, an engine (detroit) and now this cab - always flawlessly and professionally. Give him a ring - 810-577-8670. Tell him Dave from Michigan sent you.

IMG022.jpgIMG017.jpgIMG019.jpgIMG020.jpgIMG018.jpg

M920

Nice! That is going to feel like a brand new truck when you get it swaped! Mind me asking if there are any more new cabs available? I have a friend that is looking for one, but all I have are MK48 cabs.

Thanks Soni

M920

That looks like an mk48 cab.
pete
Hey Pete,
Not trying to argue with you, but this is definately a HEMTT cab.
As you can imagine, at this point I'm pretty intimately familiar with the Mk48 cab, and a good way to tell the difference between it and a HEMTT cab, is by the front cab mount.
The MK48 has one single big mount on a cross bar, where the HEMTT cab has two smaller mounts directly under the cowl.
Then there is also a big difference in the way the back of the cab is shaped in the area of the radiator. On the HEMTT it has an opening in the roof for more air to the radiator, were on the Mk48 it has a depression for the front of the engine, since it has the radiator mounted horizontally above the engine. Also the HEMTT cab has two rear facing windows were the MK48 only has one on the driver side.
These are only the most visible differences, there are a bunch of little ones that are not as obvious. Like the headlights are about 2" farther apart on the Mk48 then the ones on the HEMTT. Oh and the Mk48 has the turn signals mounted upside down....etc.

I hope this helps....

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks