• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Dash Layout in the works……

ramdough

Added two gauge locations.

I have not decided on the final additions…. Feel free to make suggestions. I need to drill a few holes for the indicator panel and light switches, but you get the idea.

Bottom right are for cruise control. Next tree up are for my winch control (no more view obstruction).
Will post when loaded.
548F1B56-350E-4580-BA24-B1F6248A52B5.jpeg

ramdough

thanks all! unfortunately the CNC plasma table was not perfect, so I will be filing every hole to make it all fit. I was close, but Murphy bit me.

I am still trying to decide what two gauges I plan to add.

I had planned on an extra fuel gauge for a secondary tank and maybe an EGT or transmission temperature.

anyone have any opinions?

Guruman

Not so new member
thanks all! unfortunately the CNC plasma table was not perfect, so I will be filing every hole to make it all fit. I was close, but Murphy bit me.

I had planned on an extra fuel gauge for a secondary tank and maybe an EGT or transmission temperature.

I was planning on removing the air filter meter, combining the front and rear air pressure into a single gauge and adding boost/egt and a dual 12/24 voltmeter
I'm also dancing around the idea of some custom digital stuff using some round OLED panels. At some point I need to settle on a plan and map it all out.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Those ideas sound good !

Third From Texas

Yea i didnt catch that the first time ! i dont get out much ! And oh why wouldnt you go ahead and order that ???? Just dig up another mason jar !
It's just something I bookmarked ages ago.

While novel, it's really for a car. I don't think you can mod the software and add things like air psi, dual alts, etc, etc. Displaying those things that the A1/A1R trucks can pass from the EUC to a screen can be done with the right comms and UI, though. It can be done for less that this device, actually.

ACELA had a "glass cockpit" dash in one of their trucks years ago.

22096169_1433452170042029_8512963520126337313_o.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just something I bookmarked ages ago.

While novel, it's really for a car. I don't think you can mod the software and add things like air psi, dual alts, etc, etc. Displaying those things that the A1/A1R trucks can pass from the EUC to a screen can be done with the right comms and UI, though. It can be done for less that this device, actually.

ACELA had a "glass cockpit" dash in one of their trucks years ago.
As long as it wouldnt cook itself from a loose ground or jolt from our altenator if we could get one for our layout ! They look great

Guruman

Not so new member
Most of the glass cockpit stuff I've looked at uses a CAN or OBDII bus for getting all of the data. that's a no-go for my A0 truck at least.

I like everything about the one above except the price, and it likely does not have all of the functions I need (want).

I've been looking into creating custom digital gauges using these small round OLED displays, and an Arduino and some (hopefully) pretty easy code.

Here's some research material :

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yea i didnt catch that the first time ! i dont get out much ! And oh why wouldnt you go ahead and order that ???? Just dig up another mason jar !
Wonder if Freightliner Daimler-Benz has some sort of "flat panel dash" on one of their trucks? As many trucks as they build, you would think they would have the latest and greatest in fancy. They are building prototypes of their self-driving trucks. Makes you wonder if that might be something we might look at...?

ramdough

All,

Does anyone have any opinions on what other gauges they would add of any? I have 1-2 open depending on if I add a second fuel gauge. That is still a remaining question. I am contemplating a CTIS pressure gauge, EGT, transmission temp, indoor/outdoor temperature, charging amps…..

can someone comment on this?
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks