• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner ?

guns1977

Hello, I have a 1970 m35a2 and started out no headlights, tail light or flashers. After going thru the posts here I now have working headlights, tail lights and flashers, but yes here is my question when the light switch is on the running lights position aka head lights and tail lights on my rear blinkers/flashers won't work. I can turn the head lights off and they do. It appears the running lights and turn signals work on the same bulb is this correct for operation? or are they supposed to flash while headlights are on?
Thanks for all the help

eagle4g63

So what you are saying is in the "service drive" position you have head lights but no blinkers?? but in the "stop light" position they do work??

Sounds like a bad switch......they should work in both positions, how else would you be able to signal your turn when it was dark outside!!

That or you have the wires on the tail lights reversed, the bulb is a double filament bulb, the small or dim filament is for running lights(just to light up the lens at night) and the larger brighter filament is for the brake and blinker.

eagle4g63

A quick way to tell if the wires are reversed is to turn the light switch to the "service drive" position (far right) and look at the back if the light is lit up have someone step on the brake pedal and see it they get brighter, if nothing than switch the wires on the tail lights.

guns1977

A quick way to tell if the wires are reversed is to turn the light switch to the "service drive" position (far right) and look at the back if the light is lit up have someone step on the brake pedal and see it they get brighter, if nothing than switch the wires on the tail lights.
I've tried that test last night, they do get brighter, I used the brighter brake lights when I am backing up, stop, look, back, stop, look, back,.... So my problem would probably be in the switch?
Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RED, it should be on the air pack.

GUNS, I had a similar problem and it was a bad ground on the flasher unit. The flasher box is on the firewall under the hood. I have heard of the wire harness going to flasher controller going bad too. Might want to turn on the hazards and move the wires around slowly to check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks