• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New engine, new life

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The needed electronics to operate it would make me shy away. I'll stick with my GEP 6.5. Good read though.

EladB

The installation would be the real challenge. As for reliability, automotive electronics have come a long, long way since the days when it was common to hear about computer failures. I cannot remember the last time we or anyone we know has had a failure caused by a PCM or electronics failure. No, wait -- back in '89 or so, maybe it was '90, a shorted injector coil raised **** with an old Corsica my dad owned. That's not bad, considering pretty much every vehicle since then has been electron-dependent. Yes, there are absolutely cases of computer and other electronics failures, just like there are cases of broken rods, cracked cranks, broken gears, spun and seized bearings, etc. Overall, pretty rare though. I wouldn't be afraid of dropping a modern engine into anything - as long as there were a wiring harness that a mere human could install with it.

dhaumann69166

The main problem I see is who makes it. Couldn’t force me to put Ford anything in a vehicle. I helped a friend replace his 460 with a 455 Olds Rocket just so we didn’t have to deal with blue oval bull ****.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks