• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Mississippi

New from Mississippi..Pics added

Hey y'all. I'm semi new to the forum. I've been lurking around for a while browsing through the forum and trying to make my way all the way through the hot rod section. I'm falling in line with everyone when I say there is an incredible amount of information here. Anyways this is my formal introduction.

My my name is Logan. I'm 23 yrs old and from kiln, Mississippi. I'm currently located in Oxford,Ms and go to school at Ole Miss. On Saturday I'll be going to pick up a 1972 model to call my own. The truck belongs to a good friend of my parents. He bought it to use on his farm but found it sitting more than being used so he offered it to me for a price I felt I couldn't pass up. This has been a few months ago and I finally talked to him today and will be picking it up. It shouldn't be too much of a recovery according to him but only time will tell. I have no clue what the truck looks like or what options it has. All I know about it is what he told me, it runs good, has over half a tank of fuel, and he just put a reman generator on it. I guess I'll find out the rest on Saturday. Will keep it updated.

Last edited:

zout

Hello from Lilburn Ga - I use to love running I10 OTR - you folks have some awesome county down there & a great group of SS members around you.

Thank yall for the warm welcome. Everything went smooth today. Arrived home a little later than expected but it made the 270 mile journey without any issues. There are a couple of bugs that need fixing but I was expecting that. Before arriving I had no idea of what to expect, and after leaving his drive I was ecstatic. Its a 1972 M35A2 w/o winch, it does however have a heater and a turbo. I will get a more detailed post up tomorrow with lots of pics. I'm whipped, turning in for the night.

Well tomorrow turned into two days but I finally got some pics of the truck. Thank yall for the warm welcome. Please excuse the iPhone pics. These were taken out at Lake Sardis yesterday. Enjoy

Edit: the air box is off for a better picture of the turbo setup

Attachments

Last edited:

michael757767

Welcome from Oregon! Make sure no brake cylinders leak, and that you do "have" brakes.............Air pressure over 65 and if it pegs and stays there, that's a good thing!.......There's so many folks on here with so much good info, just make sure you go thru it before you hit the road so you know where you're at..........Then have fun! And hang on!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks