• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from ct diving in head first

coreyh29645

Good morning everyone. my name is corey and i am from connecticut. my dad and uncles have owned i deuce and a half (i think its an m211) since the late 60's. it has been in the woods since then. it has not run this century! they hacked it up pretty bad when they got it. my first obsticle is getting her to fire up. then i will need to start searching for a new frame because my elders cut the chassis shorter and then welded one axle to the frame and put the other axle in the field. it is going to be a long prodject but i just feel like i need to rescue this truck before mother nature claims it forever.

WarrenD

Well, it sounds like there's not much there and I think you'll find that it's not worth much more than a parts truck or scrap. I know a guy in Southington who has a very nice M211 for sale (not sure if it's sold as of this minute) which will be much cheaper. There are also fire depts that still have them so finding one in good shape shouldn't be an issue. Unless it's very rare, (the photos would help) it's likely to be a lost cause.

coreyh29645

i know i have a long road ahead of me but its been in my family so long that i want to save the one i have. excluding the frame, there are only a few things it needs as far as parts go. i honestly can't wait for the challenge cause i am an auto parts guy so i am having a blast trying to find this stuff.

WarrenD

If it's been sitting that long, you need to do several things before applying power to the starter. First, clean the entire fuel system. Then make sure the engine will spin. Failure on either WILL cost you more time and $$$$.

coreyh29645

well the fuel system consists of a fuel line going into the cab and going into a gas can. it was a farm truck so there is alot of stupid patchwork like that but i am very confident that i'll be able to bring it back to life. i am going to pull the plugs and marvel mystery oil it. then i am going to rock it while its in gea to make sure the motor will turn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks