• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from east TN.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The west Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the New-former-fire-department-Deuce (I'm one too) from TN aboard.:) Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare for the ride of you life. :jumpin: You'll find all sorts of excellent info and help here. and lots of good G-Rated Family Friendly fun, too.

Congrats on the Classic Truck!

Again, Welcome aboard:driver:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
It ran when the fire dept had it and the guy i bought it from used it till the front axle broke trying to remove a tree stump and he just parked it. the cab it is fairly good shape, door glass smashed, bolth lower fenders bent. gas tank will make a nice planter ( top is rusted away) plan on replacing all brake parts toe to tire. $$$$$$ . was told thies 331 reo motors can sit for years and run after a tune up. and after i replace all the copper hoses that were cut off the motor pry for scrap! got my work cut out for me but im up to the challange! any advice would be welcome.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The west Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the New-former-fire-department-Deuce (I'm one too) from TN aboard.:) Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare for the ride of you life. :jumpin: You'll find all sorts of excellent info and help here. and lots of good G-Rated Family Friendly fun, too.

Congrats on the Classic Truck!

Again, Welcome aboard:driver:
Thankyou I have been reading thru the sight and have learned a lot already, a lot of good info on here. I used to work on trucks so i have an idea of what im getting into. glad to see there are members that are not too far away . was sick to see one memember who had his truck burnt that hurts lost a jeep to a fire .

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats going to be a fun project. Best of luck with it. Dont forget your marvel mystery oil that will free that baby right up before you try to fire it.:beer:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Thats going to be a fun project. Best of luck with it. Dont forget your marvel mystery oil that will free that baby right up before you try to fire it.:beer:
1 step aheah of ya. been soaking for about 4 weeks now. was raining last time i was home so didnt get to touch it. will be home i a cupple days hope rain goes away still have to get it up my driveway.

ivbeenrokd

Welcome to the site! Looks like you are about as east tennessee as it gets. There is a local MV club here in Knoxville if you ever make it down this way. I'll look forward to updates on the truck.

Thanks,

John

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Welcome to the site! Looks like you are about as east tennessee as it gets. There is a local MV club here in Knoxville if you ever make it down this way. I'll look forward to updates on the truck.

Thanks,

John
Cool it will be a while till the old timer is road worthy but would look forward to running down in my pickup for the time being if your having any outings.[thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Loony Bin.:cookoo:

Run now before you are sucked down into the abyss of Green Iron Addiction.

You have been warned.

I am hosting a mini-rally next month.....you and yours are welcome to attend.

Do a search for "Wreckerman's Spring Fling". Final details will be posted in a week or so.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Welcome to the Green Iron Loony Bin.:cookoo:

Run now before you are sucked down into the abyss of Green Iron Addiction.

You have been warned.

I am hosting a mini-rally next month.....you and yours are welcome to attend.

Do a search for "Wreckerman's Spring Fling". Final details will be posted in a week or so.
Thanks for the invite but im taking a week off in june to go to camp with the scouts. but i look forward to attending some events when i can. Im on the road alot so we will just have to see. the green bug bit me a long time ago I have a willys jeep that my grandfather left me. I decided to upsise. lol

vtdeucedriver

Thanks,

John

When did that start????? I lived in Alcoa for a year and never heard such a thing.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some picks of the truck befor i dug it out and took the roten wood bed off. so it could be towed home. the old guy is my dad.

Hmmmm, Tennessee is much like Michigan, us "old guys" are doing all of the work!

Welcome to the site! Can't find anyone smarter around MVs than the SS crowd!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks