• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from MD

Sonny1014

Hey guys!

im going to take a look at the 2.5 ton in the pictures this week. It’s been sitting in a farm for the past 2 years andI approached the landowner about buying it. Turns out he’s a friend of the owner so I’m meeting him this week. Between then and now they took it and grabbed the pallets of wood pellets in picture. Seems like it’s in good shape. Runs well and has 4 new tires in the bed plus the canvas cover and frame for it. Asked 7,000 but took my pending offer of 5000. Anything to keep an eye out for? I’m pretty versed in mechanics so glaring issues won’t be a problem. Just not sure the nuances of these vehicles. Thanks!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are many many threads answering the questions you are asking.
Feel free to browse the website - It is a VALUABLE resource.

And.....

Welcome aboard :grin:
Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Please keep us posted on your progress with this acquisition by adding to this thread.

Carry on.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good looking truck. Hope it runs well for you. Good luck with your purchase.

dmetalmiki

Grab that excellent looking truck. And be prepared to give a little more if necessary.
A great first truck, And starter for getting into the hobby,Welcome to the site, post up pictures when you eventually get it home.

fasttruck

Don't make a move without the pubs: operators' manual. organizational maintenance manual, parts book, and lubrication order. All are available in the publications section on this site. Do you know how to operate an Army light switch ? A M35 has over 40 grease gun points. Neglect them at your own risk. There are 4ea on the handbrake alone. The biggest problem with these things is lack of operator level maintenance.

fasttruck

Most of these things survived in service inspite of untrained personnel with unauthorized tools and parts attempting to maintain and operate them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks