• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Ohio

Blazerlover

Just wanted to say HEY and wish I would of found this site sooner. I have owned MVs for the last 25 years or so, but now only have 1009 and by far my favorite(and daily driver)on and off road. It's a 86 and the body is not looking good but hoping I can fix her back to NICE when money allows...all stock except for stereo system and tires. It says "For official use only" on driver door so that does get attention(and a couple dates as well).:naner:
Lots of info here I will tap into when I can..lots of people just don't get owning and driving a MV....oh well...thanks in advance to all and to all great to be here!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Hope you get the heater and glow plug issues worked out.

...says "For official use only" on driver door so that does get attention(and a couple dates as well..

Many members add "un" to the beginning of the words on the drivers door.

If you drive the vehicle onto a military base you may want to cover the wording. ;-)

Last edited:

Blazerlover

Miamisburg..57 years...had enough,moving to Hillsboro as I type this,Gods Country and its a lifelong dream to live there...blazer is perfect for that part of Ohio,done impressed myself last Sunday on a four wheel trail next to house..no problems...:)

todds112

Miamisburg..57 years...had enough,moving to Hillsboro as I type this,Gods Country and its a lifelong dream to live there...blazer is perfect for that part of Ohio,done impressed myself last Sunday on a four wheel trail next to house..no problems...:)
Small world! Spent 37 years in Miami Township. Last 15 on the PD there. Fed up with the slow spiral down the toilet and moved out west. Never want to set foot in the Dayton Mall ever again!!

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

Blazerlover

Todd back in the day I worked at the miami township PD cleaning! Yes it is small world...I have not been in the mall in years and did live about 6 min from it..I avoid that area cause of traffic anyway,thanks guys!

Blazerlover

When I was a kid my dad took me and some family members there to camp,I never forgot that place and yes had been there a few times since,not much to see there as far as the town goes but it sure is nice out in the country,for lack of better words just tired of all the bad things going on here in the dayton area,a kid was killed here over a pair of tennis shoes 6 minutes from where I lived..yes I know its everywhere and not going to get better just hoping to enjoy the peace and quiet while I can,Iam a bit concerned IF the blazer decides to stop on me...Im screwed until I can get a second "back me up" vehicle..rolling the dice in a big way...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks