• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy With M151 A1s

imaokie2000

Hi, I am from Oklahoma and I have been lurking and reading, preparing to start restoring two M151 A1s. I am taking pics as I go. Is there any interest in seeing pics of the restores?

18operator

Welcome from Northern Ohio. There's always interest in seeing pictures of history being restored! Good luck with the restoration.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely! Most folks love to see a step-by-step evolution of vehicles being restored. So bring it on!

Cheers

imaokie2000

I have a slow internet, so please be patient.

I wanted to get a military vehicle to enjoy during retirement and three years ago, I came across these two MUTTs south of St. Louis. I thought they would be good restore projects to keep me from going back to work after I retired. Now I may have to go back to work to be able to afford them! lol

These pics are from 3 years ago when I found them. I will call them Jeeps 2 & 3. I found another in Sacramento CA. with a better body that I started restoring a couple weeks ago. It will be jeep #1.

New Jeeps (1).jpgNew Jeeps (2).jpgNew Jeeps (3).jpgNew Jeeps (4).jpgNew Jeeps (5).jpgNew Jeeps (6).jpgNew Jeeps (7).jpg

imaokie2000

Four trailer tires later, I get them home. I start preparing a list of all the parts I need for the restores. I start realizing how much trouble I'm in......................

New Jeeps Home  (1).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (2).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (3).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (4).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (5).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (6).jpgNew Jeeps Home  (7).jpg

imaokie2000

This is pics of the 3rd MUTT I found in CA a year ago. I drove out and brought it home a month ago. It is in a lot better shape and will be the one I start on first. I didn't realize when I bought it, it had been in a front end collision with major frame damage. They also used a cutting torch to remove the power plant. All in all, the body is pretty good. Just not many parts left and the engine is froze.

Jeep 1 001.jpgJeep 1 002.jpg

imaokie2000

See the rust damage on the bottom of the one? It is the best of the first two MUTTs I bought. I am a Boilermaker by trade. I've never restored a vehicle. I've never done body work. I think I'm in serious trouble at this point. I am sure glad I found Cameron Mfg on this site. I will be buying a lot of body panels...........................

New Jeeps At Shop (10).jpgNew Jeeps At Shop (9).jpgNew Jeeps At Shop (8).jpgNew Jeeps At Shop (11).jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks