• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Home, awaiting EUC to clear

Milkman357

616788_6002_159_0001.jpg616788_6002_160_0001.jpg

I don't have a pickup, so this makes sense. I have a M101 trailer that will look great behind this. I was gonna flat tow this, but a friend has a trailer for me to use. Where the heck is Randall Minnesota? Google google google

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new to you vehicles guys! I don't think flat towing is a good idea. Definitely use a trailer! You will want to get it home in one piece and do PM and lube with all checks before putting into service.

EUC clearance varies and not much is known about why. With so many HMMWV's selling this week, the paperwork could take longer than normal. We will be saying a prayer that it goes quickly.

Welcome aboard.

Action

Before you drive with it on the trailer, take the tarp off the bed. It will cut down a lot of wind resistance....
And it could take months for the EUC to clear.

Bobert

I've been meaning to post my recovery from Randall. The pickup site is 5 miles West of Camp Ripley in a farm field. You have to drive through some mud holes to get to it. I picked up on a Friday but I think he said they are normally available Monday-Thursday.

Maybe yours is in these pictures, there had to be over a hundred Humvees there.

20160527_092130.jpg

20160527_092132.jpg

Last edited:

springbok

Welcome to the club.
The first thing I tell new owners, if you are a first time buyer, the cheapest part is buying the HUMVEE.
Every week you will want to do new and more with it.
I just put a 6.5 in one of mine and the other is going to get a 6.5 with the 4 speed at some point here. Have the driveline just need to get the time.
Have fun and ask any questions. Most likely someone here has done to thought about doing whatever you some up with..
FYI Step one, change the fluids !!!

Bdhminnesota

I think it would be cool to have a sticky thread at the top with a basic list of things to check upon delivery. Most of you guys are experts and could really help new recipients of these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks