• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new lmtv owner

snowtrac nome

recently purchaced an lmtv from gov plannet I will be converting it to a mobile equipment service truck for use out here in bush Alaska I will keep up on the progress.

snowtrac nome

most forums do like them going down next week to pick it up and see what project I have the gov plannet pics looked pretty good inside and out. I have an a-0 unit with the 3116 engine came out of the national guard so it has real low mileage. it really looked brand new working on drawings for the tool boxes right now

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Tennessee and another M1078 owner! There's a lot of good info and helpful folks here. You will learn lots by reading in the FMTV/LMTV forum section. Please upload some photos when you get your truck home!

snowtrac nome

got the truck today put 30 miles on it runs like a top oil looks like new shifts fine once I replaced the Allison relay box under the dash Justin with gov plannet was a great help and hooked me up with a bunch of extras from a rig heading for the crusher. the one problem I cant find is when I apply the service brakes I get a leak from the vented glad hand on on the front service port if I replace the glad hand with a non vented model it locks the brakes and wont release. need to look at a schematic to follow the air system has any one seen this before.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
got the truck today put 30 miles on it runs like a top oil looks like new shifts fine once I replaced the Allison relay box under the dash Justin with gov plannet was a great help and hooked me up with a bunch of extras from a rig heading for the crusher. the one problem I cant find is when I apply the service brakes I get a leak from the vented glad hand on on the front service port if I replace the glad hand with a non vented model it locks the brakes and wont release. need to look at a schematic to follow the air system has any one seen this before.
Read this thread and replace your Tractor Protection valve diaphram.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144109-Air-Brake-Protection-Valve-leaking-venting

FloridaAKM

Yes, replace the Tractor Protection Diaphram first, which you will find above the rear axel bolted on the frame cross over. While you are at it, you might want to check the diaphrams in the shuttle vales to see if they are blasted thru due to age. We still want to see pictures............

roninsar

New LMTV owner

Welcome from Tennessee and another M1078 owner! There's a lot of good info and helpful folks here. You will learn lots by reading in the FMTV/LMTV forum section. Please upload some photos when you get your truck home!
Tnriverjet,
New M1078 iwner here and located south of Nashville. I would like to speak with you in some things about the LMTV. I'm not electronics savvy, so if you could email me at roninsar@gmail.com

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Email inbound sir. I'm not totally electronics savvy either. I was fortunate to find a truck where everything works... I'm guessing the learning will come as maintenance and upgrades take place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks