• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M37 owner

cj8_22602

I found this M37 close to where I live, guy gave me a great deal on this and a M105 trailer. Body and frame are solid, some surface rust but only a few bad spots on the bed. The top is rotted out. But as far as I can tell there aren't any missing parts, (the bumper is in the bed) Right now the plan is to get it running, and then decide what I'm going to do from there. I'd like to see how the 230 does but if I can't that running I've got a GM diesel that needs a home :).

cj8_22602

Where do most guys get replacement tops? Get them custom made? Or is there a source for ready-made ones?

CGarbee

Hello,
Looks like a good truck. We'll have to get together next time I ride up to your area (I have friends living between Winchester and the WVa line and familly halfway between Winchester and Charlottesville).
I get most of my canvas from either WeeBee Webbing or from New Life Resource Management. Beachwood also makes great product, but is a bit more expensive then the other two mentioned. Check on my website for contact info if you don't feel like "Googling".
Good luck,

Mike_L

Hey Garbee,

I have family in Orange. I was born in Gordonsville myself. I just visited that way this last week. Nice area.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your new MV, looks pretty solid and don't need much in the way of parts. If you feel like dropping by and having a beer over MV talk, I live about 20 miles down the road from you in Front Royal.

CGarbee

Mike_L said:
Hey Garbee,

I have family in Orange. I was born in Gordonsville myself. I just visited that way this last week. Nice area.
Small world... I drive through Gordonsville (and have friends there) every time that I go to visit the folks since they live over in Syria (Madison County).

We really should coordinate our trips sometimes as there are some really nice roads and trials to ride in the area...and putting faces with folks on the forum is always a good time... :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your M37! We live "down the road" some, near MM177 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just a few hour's drive from you (Front Royal is MM1, I think). I have checked it and it's okay to drive these vehicles on the parkway.
My son has an M37, perhaps one day you guys can compare notes.
For canvas, I too would recommend weebee webbing, best quality at low prices and good people.

PS. Cabell, I didn't know you took pictures of the tire change episode.
The current avatar is you pix. :)

cj8_22602

Hey thanks for the kudos guys, been awhile since I've checked this site, It'll be awhile before this beast is on the road, I've got a couple of other projects ahead of it plus I have to figure out how to get it titled (not looking forward to that) I actually bought this truck in Front Royal, a guy there had a bunch of stuff for sale in the Valley Trader. As far as I can tell there's no metal missing, the wood obviously needs replacing but everything is very solid, I'm really looking forward to getting it running and meeting some of you guys.

Mike_L

Welcome

Geez, where are my manners?

Welcome aboard. Looks like your truck just needs some cleaning and refurbishing. Most of the parts look like they are there with no major damage. Nothing that couldn't be fixed in a normal garage. Nice deal.

This is a great forum as you probably already know. There is another at G741.org that is all M37 orientated but I think most of them also hang out here. Regardless of which site you read, I have yet to see anyone stump the experts. Eventually, it will get solved.

The G741 site also has a registry you can look at to see where your truck fits into the grand production scheme. Also, by entering your info, it helps others figure out what they have if a data plate or two are missing.

Good luck with the project and post some photos as it progresses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks