• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new m37 saved

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's nice John but are you going to add another 15 feet in bed length?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blake, it was a turn and burn, had to run up and get the truck then head south right away so John could work yesterday. So why does your thing say AL? I thought you weren't even in town anymore.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Ferro stated, it was a turn and burn recovery. I wanted to go up on Friday, but my coworker's mother passed away, and I had to cover his run to Atlanta. Got off the big truck at 0815 Saturday morning, drove from work to Ferro's house, where Murphy had been at work. Finally got murphy on his way, and we left at 1100. Ferro drove all day Saturday, as I had seen enough steering wheel.
Made it to West Point Va, about 1745, where we looked at the M37. It runs very well, and seems to drive okay also. No BRAKES at all. The bed is badly rusted, and the fuel tank leaks, but other than that, the M37 looks to be in good shape. Loaded the M37 on the trl, and headed over to Norfolk to deliver eggs(don't ask). Holed up for the night at Emporia Va.
Left Emporia early Sunday morning, and drove home. Headwind all the way, and the chevy only got 8.8 MPG(OUCH). Unloaded at Ferro's place at 1230, I was home by 1430, where I had to take the wife food shopping. Finally fell into bed for a 2 hour nap, got up, and did the job thing. I feel like I haven't stopped for a month of sundays.
Here are the pics from the grand adventure.........IMGP0355.jpgIMGP0358.jpgIMGP0360.jpgIMGP0362.jpgIMGP0363.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As Ferro stated, it was a turn and burn recovery. I wanted to go up on Friday, but my coworker's mother passed away, and I had to cover his run to Atlanta. Got off the big truck at 0815 Saturday morning, drove from work to Ferro's house, where Murphy had been at work. Finally got murphy on his way, and we left at 1100. Ferro drove all day Saturday, as I had seen enough steering wheel.
Made it to West Point Va, about 1745, where we looked at the M37. It runs very well, and seems to drive okay also. No BRAKES at all. The bed is badly rusted, and the fuel tank leaks, but other than that, the M37 looks to be in good shape. Loaded the M37 on the trl, and headed over to Norfolk to deliver eggs(don't ask). Holed up for the night at Emporia Va.
Left Emporia early Sunday morning, and drove home. Headwind all the way, and the chevy only got 8.8 MPG(OUCH). Unloaded at Ferro's place at 1230, I was home by 1430, where I had to take the wife food shopping. Finally fell into bed for a 2 hour nap, got up, and did the job thing. I feel like I haven't stopped for a month of sundays.
Here are the pics from the grand adventure.........View attachment 414061View attachment 414062View attachment 414063View attachment 414064View attachment 414065
Yes, I can see it was a long mission but I suspect you are a happy camper!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top is a piece of work. Who ever put it together did a great job, with nice welds and all corners smoothed and finished off.

zout

Really looks nice with a cookie blocking your view :burn:
Somehow I like the looks of that one in blue - go figure. Glad you got one and I am
sure it has the right home now.

Should make a great EGG hauler when your done.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I worked on getting a better fuel delivery set up, so that I can move the M37 around Ferro's compound. WIth that goal in mind, I purchased a 5 gal plastic gas can from wally world, trashed the sorry spout, and drilled a hole in the rest for the fuel line. 10' of fuel line, and electric fuel pump(for right now) and I am in business! Drove the M37 around Ferros FOB, tightened up the radiator hoses, and two spark plugs. It now sits and idles with just a slight tick, and doesn't burn any oil. All of the drive line works as it should- hi range, low range, 4 wheel drive- no strange groans, squeaks, bangs, rubs, grinds or gnashing.
Ferro is even using it as a gofer vehicle around the FOB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks