• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Kansas, have a question about a model? Can you guy's help a newbie?

jeeps4now

Hi, just joined this site yesterday and can say i've enjoyed looking thru past threads and new ones. I have looked at getting into big trucks for a while and i might have my chance, I have a guy looking to trade me a 52 International M61 with the Continental gasoline 6 in it....it looks nice(no pics yet) but i had some questions?

Am i to assume i could run big singles on this rig/ and is this worth the trade?

Last edited:

KsM715

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you can run singles on it. As for whats its worth or value for a trade? what are you trading for it?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll get about 4-5mpg with the gas engine. Just be prepared.

jeeps4now

Yeah thats what i came up with also. It seems to be a nice older truck but you can find alot about the newer models just not the older ones. I figured gas would be horriable 4-5 mpg but more of a play toy with light duty around my small farm. Are these trucks hard to tag here in Kansas? It has a Missouri title so i wonder how the HWY Patrol office will enjoy inspecting this?

Flyingvan911

Kansas is very reasonable. I live in KCMO and had no trouble tagging my deuce. It also happened to have a 17 digit VIN from the military so it didn't raise the computer's eyebrows. There are several guys from KS on here who can give you more info.

Scarecrow1

Welcome from S.C. ,I hope you find the truck you want also while you are looking you may want to check into the insurance end of it . In some states like mine it can be a pain ........it was almost a deal breaker for me . If you use it for the farm you will be fine without it .............:driver:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yeah that's what i came up with also. It seems to be a nice older truck but you can find a lot about the newer models just not the older ones. I figured gas would be horrible 4-5 mpg but more of a play toy with light duty around my small farm. Are these trucks hard to tag here in Kansas? It has a Missouri title so i wonder how the HWY Patrol office will enjoy inspecting this?
Unless you plan on using it for biz get the antique plates, like 15 a year. That way you can get collectors insurance and it is cheap also. Make sure the numbers on the frame, data plate and title all jive before you have KHP check it. Welcome to the site and there are a few members around Topeka.

jeeps4now

Thanks for your input MWMULES! I am going to check all of that when i get to his houise sometime when this snow stops(hahaha) I have a 63 Ford Fairlane i run with antique tags and Hagerty Ins.....are you talking about the same? I assume i do not need a CDL to drive this since its under 26,001# correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks