New noobi q's regarding the fuel shutoff solonoid for MEP003

redpill

Again, sorry for my ing'nace WRT this unit, the mechanic not available til tomorrow so I again ask indulgences here because I'm new to this whole issue. I'm most appreciative WRT any kindnesses offered by experts.
Seems if I put the FSS in its running position manually with a block the genset starts ok,. As soon as I pull the block the solonoid shuts the unit down. Oil pressure at 100, mild smoke from one exhaust.(but I don't want to run it long enough to heat up so maybe it will go away when it heats up, was told it doesnt smoke) Also as set currently the HZ meter is high at 65, but the engine is not at load.
Any authoratative guidance/recommendations/suggestion are appreciated. I can respond in kind WRT comprehensive medical or weapons issues if that would be desired.

redpill

Got it running,wonderful day on the coast

and the G/F just killed my Kirby trying to vacuum up pistol brass and machine screws.
Have a wonderful day...

Crash_AF

RE: Got it running,wonderful day on the coast

Is the hand throttle pushed all the way in? It sounds like the overspeed trip is shutting down the unit.

Later,
Joe

acetomatoco

RE: Got it running,wonderful day on the coast

65 HZ indicates too high a rpm for sure. the engine manuals for the 2AO 16 are TM 5-2805-257 series, for the 1AO8 are the 256 series, for the 4AO32 are the 262 series... I do not have the MEP 003 nomenclature in my head, so without more info cannot give more advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks