• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner/Member from Ohio

bimbly

Hi, all! I joined, actually, about a week ago or so. Was in the market looking for a 6.2 Diesel Chevy, came across a CUCV M1009 on craigslist, joined here to see the manuals, read about all the info on them and how they differ from civilian C/Ks, etc. And with it, made a semi-educated purchase of my "new" CUCV M1009.

I attached photos, to satisfy your curiosities.

I owned a ATS Turbocharged '82 Vin-J Suburban years back and regretted selling it from day 1. The owner after me decided to crank the IP screw up and over boosted her, blowing my pride-and-joy engine.

This CUCV, though, was taken really good care of by the PO. He recently changed the Fuel Filter, Glow Plugs, and Injectors. IP's still original--and first on my list of engine related fixes since it's doing the classic "leaking when cold but solid when warm" DB2 situation. Cool on an SR71. Not cool when going down I-71. Apart from that, she has a bump-start button, glow plug controller delete with a momentary toggle on the dash, and a D44HD front and 14 bolt FF rear, with the big brakes and 8-bolt rims to show it. The axles came with 4.56 gears, so the 2-hour highway drive home was an ear pounding adventure. I wish I was smart and thought "TH400 w/ 4.56 gears + 65-70mph speed limits for 2 hours = Earplugs".

Anyway, figured I'd introduce myself and my CUCV. I'll more than likely be bugging you guys with any questions I can't find the answer to from searching (though it seems there might not be many not covered before). But more likely, I'll be bugging you guys for used parts. 'Tis the life of guys who love old vehicles.

[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Looks like you are set on getting you truck up and running. Ask away on anything you need help with.

bimbly

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm up in Medina, close to both Akron and Cleveland. (about a 30~40 minute drive to either)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from a displaced/former buckeye. The Oh9 looks mighty proud standing there.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Dayton. A few CUCVs around here, none of them mine though. ;-)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. You joined to "see the manuals and read all about", the vehicle you were about to purchase.
Way to go, you're a step ahead in the game. Nice truck, enjoy working on it and be safe.
JC

bimbly

Thanks guys!
Seville! Hah! I pit stopped at the TA there at 224/71 before heading up 57 when I drove her home from Youngstown on Sunday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks