• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New style CJ deuce?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For non purist eyes only: how about the new look, deuce cab w/ CJ7 windshield frame?
It's my latest (paint) creation, a combination this old jeeper has in mind since he owns deuces!
Our deuces have a stylish hood and nice fenders, attached to a cowl very similar to the Jeeps body tub, but the WS is just what it is: vertical, square and pure military. The old Jeep was the same until AMC gave it a new look in 1976, and it definitely changed for the good.
So I think for a CD (civilian deuce!) it would be a nice option: CJ style fold down WS, CJ7 soft top doors and may be even an X-tra cab version for those over 6'4", with enough room to install nice adjustable (spring?) seats, a roll bar, 3 point seat belts, lots of accessories, etc.
What do you think?

Gerhard

Attachments

jeli

I wonder if a std truck cab would section onto the front end sheet metal? Might have to go 5 ton but fully enclosed, no air leaking doors, good wipers, etc. You could pick a cab up fairly cheap and probably get decent air ride seats included.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in FL where it's 900° year 'round, I don't think I could make it without the tip out windshields. With that said, it looks pretty darned neat. Gerhard, you're pretty efficient with that Paint program. I can barely doodle with it.

FSBruva

gimpyrobb -

They are Continental super singles. Gerhard has gone over how he fabbed up his wheels and what tires he's using and all that in other threads.

Matt

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Here in FL where it's 900° year 'round, I don't think I could make it without the tip out windshields.
Yes, you are right, our summer here can be pretty unforgiving, too. I thought about it, would miss them, too!!!
Removable soft skin doors, bikini top and some floor+firewall insulation would help to survive, though! :roll:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Headlights

m35a2cowner said:
Are those the original style of headlights or the upgrade (Hella?) mentioned in another thread?
Very similar to Hella with 80/100W-24V H4 lamps.
Function before form!

m35a2cowner

Very similar to Hella with 80/100W-24V H4 lamps

What type/manufacturer are they? Where can you purchase them? I am tired of replacing the old ones on a regular basis. Thanks

BobS

I realize this is an old post, but one that has intrigued me ever since the introduction of the MTVR.

What if.....

1. You had a choice of a NEW replacement cab kit in the following configurations:
a. 2 person, Hardtop (removable), all chassis (direct replacement) (6x6, 4x4- 2.5T and 5T)
b. 2 person, Softtop (removeable), all chassis (direct replacement) (6x6, 4x4- 2.5T and 5T)
c. 4 person, 4 door, Hardtop (removable), LWB chassis (replace the LWB bed with a standard bed) (6x6, 4x4- 2.5T and 5T)
d. 4 person, 4 door, Hardtop (removable), SWB chassis (replace the SWB bed with a M105 trailer bed) (6x6, 4x4- 2.5T and 5T)

2. Interior trim, seats, A/C, etc would come from a Jeep TJ (Wrangler).

3. Cab kit would come as a primered body-ready for your prep and paint.

4. Floor pan drilled and reinforced for commercial air ride seats.

5. "Sport" cage for cab configuration included in structure. (can't call it a roll cage without incurring the legal liability).

6. You would transfer your wiring, air, and misc systems from your truck into the new cab. All needed Jeep parts would be included as new (not junkyard stuff).

What would it be worth to you and how many would pay for it? Yes, I have a preliminary cost to do this, but I want to know what the market would pay for this kind of kit. remember, this is for ALL NEW stamped sheetmetal and parts, NOT junkyard parts.

Best regards,

Bob

M1075

Most of us are pretty dang cheap. If you have a preliminary cost, add some proft and post up an estimated price. Then I can tell you if I am interested. I doubt you could move enough kits to make it worth your time and effort.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks