• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to forum from York PA

ZRT York

Hello everyone,

A friend told me about Steel Soldiers and I've joined now that I'm the owner of a CUCV that I recently bought. I'll be posting before and after pics once I get a few resized to fit down the rather small pipeline that dial up access allows for posting.

I got my CUCV via our local fire department, and have spent the last few month undoing all the careful vandalism they perpetrated in making it a utility vehicle. I'm restoring to at least look as it did when it was on duty. Though I'm not a motor head actually, a close friend has been helping me a lot on this little project. Admittedly while I think military vehicles are cool, this one was really bought to be a working farm truck. Ex military vehicles like the CUCV really are super workhorses for rural life and I'm very happy with the one I've gotten.

Anyway I've already greatly benefited from the wealth of expert knowledge about the CUCV out here and hope to chat with other owners. Nice to meet everybody and hope to be able to help others with my own experiences.

ZRT

gunboy1656

Welcome from western PA, which one of the many members out there pointed you to us. Need to know who to send the search party after once you home has more green around it.

Crazyguypa

Welcome to the site. I'm down in Windsor, just a few miles from you. If you ever want to just stop on by, feel free to do so. There are plenty of guys from the area on the site, who can lend a hand or answer a question if needed.

Frank

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome. ECOSTRUCTION is from York also. He is the one that sold me my deuce back. It was min in the Army then he bought it from the govt, then I bought it from him (LOL).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks