• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me CUCV!

drewmech

Welp wife suprised the heck outta me on Father’s Day. Took me to go pick up this 1984 M1009. Suprised by how little rust she has. What she lacks in rust she makes up for in electrical issues (fuel gauge doesn’t work, lights flicker, turn signals are in op, etc...) and of like any piece of military hard ware she tends to mark her territory. All in all I’m excited to have a project truck again!

Attachments

drewmech

Now where you droping hints or moping around the house, or really been buggging recently ? or she did it just to be nice ? lol
About 7 years ago I bought one off of gov liquidation. Spent the better part of 6 months getting it back road worthy. Within 6 months of getting it running some things came up and we needed cash so a for sale sign went on it. Since then I’ve been sending her links to CUCV’s, half tracks, tanks, etc... dragging her to every museum that had old green iron in it and all sorts of other things. This year I retired from the Navy and spent my birthday moving half way across the country all in the middle of this covid crisis. So retirement/birthday (got my DD-224 on my birthday) party didn’t happen cause covid so she decided that Father’s Day was a good day to play catch up. I agree with her on that!

IdahoJoe

Did you move to or from Port Orchard? I'm guessing if you just retired you moved away from the Peninsula...

I'm in Belfair.

About 7 years ago I bought one off of gov liquidation. Spent the better part of 6 months getting it back road worthy. Within 6 months of getting it running some things came up and we needed cash so a for sale sign went on it. Since then I’ve been sending her links to CUCV’s, half tracks, tanks, etc... dragging her to every museum that had old green iron in it and all sorts of other things. This year I retired from the Navy and spent my birthday moving half way across the country all in the middle of this covid crisis. So retirement/birthday (got my DD-224 on my birthday) party didn’t happen cause covid so she decided that Father’s Day was a good day to play catch up. I agree with her on that!

drewmech

Did you move to or from Port Orchard? I'm guessing if you just retired you moved away from the Peninsula...

I'm in Belfair.
Moved away. I guess I need to update my profile. I enjoyed Washington state but it’s just too expensive for me to want to stay there long term. I will miss the fishing out there in Belfair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks