• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me CUCV's...

1stDeuce

Was using another thread, but it's getting long... Anyway, I finally picked up my two new 1008's. Was unsure if one was going to be a 1008 or a 1009, as there was a photo swap on GL, but I knew that when I bid. Both trucks from Lansing, MI yard. Camo truck fired right up on it's own, and drives quite well. Has some rust around the edges, and a bent t-case crossmember from being forked off a truck or rail car I assume. Tan truck has really good sheetmetal, but has less than stellar batteries, and the trans was out of fluid, so only moved forward and that not very well... Does have troop seats and top bows though... If I keep one, it'll be the tan truck, with perhaps a 700R4 swapped in and some 33's. Might have to replace the Deuce with it, but we'll see... Anyone local want to buy a camo M1008 with 111k on it?? Runs good, getting paint soon if you wait!! :)

Here are some pics...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: New to me CUCV

Seabees stuff for sure. Nice looking pair of trucks. Don't worry about your 6.5, I've drug many a deuce around with my 94 6.5

1stDeuce

RE: Re: RE: New to me CUCV

I'd be looking for $1600 for the camo truck right now. That's what I have in it. It'll need a battery, as I'm keeping the two good ones for my Deuce, but I'll toss in the one good one from the other truck. Drove it around the other day... Steering is loose. Starts reallly good but idles low. Brakes are good. Prop is slightly bent.
If I fix the steering, rear prop, and paint it, I think I'd ask about $2800... Am I in the ball park??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks