• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to me generator

scoutmanadam

just picked up a new generator, seems like a good unit, starts on the first pull, anyone have any info on rarity or quality of the unit

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More commonly known as the MEP-015A. 1500 watt and a hearty little booger. They are noisy and not too fuel efficient. Luckily your starts right up, many don't and the "Wrap and Hope" starter system leaves much to be desired. 2A016 engine is the military standard and many parts are available through Saturn Surplus. One work of caution, just because the carb linkage allows you to idle the engine, DON'T! Doing so will cook the regualtor.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the info guys, if pump fuel hurts the float, what is do you suggest i run in it

Any gasoline you buy in cans and don't use immediately such as in an automobile, should be unblended AKA Non-Ethanol regular or premium.

R.E. Powell in Pasco
sells racing fuel. Spendy but won't eat the float in your genny. Also aviation fuel is unblended.

The only exemption in the Washington law is for aircraft, so try an airport if RE Powell doesn't work for you.

sewerzuk

I get my unblended fuel from my local Pacific Pride station; I live in OR though...I know that WA doesn't have the marine exemption that OR does. Check a couple of your local stations out...might be worth getting an account.

scoutmanadam

thanks again for the info guys, i was actually able to find one station pretty close by that sells it, its a shell station that has one pump designated for unblended fuel. what is blended with the fuel to make it so bad for the float

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks