• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the HMMWV club!

avlon01

I just arrived at home after 3 hours on the road in my new-to-me 1994 M998 HMMWV.

Picked it up from a seller who was motivated to sell ASAP for a steal. He purchased it from Texas 6 months ago and it had been sitting in his driveway since.

No pictures yet - it's dark - but it ran fine. Zero rust and came with the troop seats and all covers. He also threw in NOS rear soft doors.

First question - I did not see a new owner/common question FAQ. Is there one for this group? I like to see what other people are running into and how they fixed it before asking.

Lawdog734

There's a sticky at the top of the forum under "LEO/FD Checklist......". It's an old thread that is continually updated, hence the title - but it has the info you seek.

avlon01

Some pictures of the truck.

I've already ordered a 4 door soft top kit and a 3 point seatbelt kit.

Anyone know where to get the straps that hold the grille up? I can't find them. One of mine is broke and I really like the look.

I going to save the list of everything that it's hit. I thought that would be a nice piece of its history to save.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Action

LOL. those almost look like speedometer cables holding the brush guard up. Doesnt that style have holes between the guard and the 2 mounts. Mine has 2 pins that remove and the guard tilts forward.

Last edited:

avlon01

Thanks for the tips. Looks like the pins that hold the grille up are missing. The straps on the hood came like that. It's nice and easy to lower the hood since the grille and hood operate as one piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks