• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy recovery and a few questions?

tm america

1. Yesteryday Me and Nathan -eagle4g63 took a ride down to kipman's place to pick up a m35a2.It turned out to be a long day.. We left out at 7 am and got down to kips around 3pm we hooked up the tow bar and got loaded up .We hit the road for the long slow ride home..We ended up pulling back into my driveway at 3:30am.All in all things went pretty smooth other than running out of fuel once cuz of a missing in action fuel gauge, getting detoured a couple times,having to reroute due to low bridges,and having to stop to work on making Nathans truck have a little more power-remove the really dirty air filter...But in the end i got a really clean m35a2 with a lds motor sitting in my driveway.As always it was a pleasure dealing with kip.So i wanna say thanks to kip for hooking me up with a great deal and thanks to nathan for helping me get it back home ...
  2. Now for the questions?The truck i got needs pistons and sleeves.. So i will be doing an in truck rebuild..My question is do i need any special tools to remove and install the sleeves?Next question is what is the torque spec for the head bolts on a lds 465 -a1?How about the rod bolts?i have the manual for the ldt but not the lds i dont wanna assume the spec are the same..Also can anyone tell ne the measurement for how much of the uprights show between the bow corners and troop seats.. i can figure out how much i need to cut off my uprights as they are extra long and stuck in the troop seats right now...

Attachments

eagle4g63

Hey George, I can tell you that the uprights on mine were 45" if that helps...........other wise I can get a measurement from the top of the seats to the corner if you need.

I'm glad you have some pics...........don't know if you saw my thread? I figured out when I got home to get ALL the pics I took out of my camera............I FORGOT TO PUT THE MEMORY CARD BACK IN IT!!!!! So I have nuttin'

tm america

ya i need the measurement from the top of the troop seat to the bottom of the bow corner..Good thing i got some pics..You take pics like you get detoured everytime we stop for fuel...Which way did he go george which way did he go?I figured out what i'm gonna do with the truck.. i'm gonna fix the motor in the truck and do a little clean up and sell it

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you want to leave the bows alone, I have an extended height cargo cover in good shape. Really funny thing is,

ITS SITTING AT KIP'S FARM!

Seriously though, it is nice and available.

eagle4g63

Sure, now you tell us about the other goodies at Kip's aua

Thanks, Gimpy.........Anyway, looks like I now have a tent like you had at the spring rally[thumbzup]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, they are great tents. Best part is one guy can set it up by himself! I didn't realize the bows were taller on that truck, or I would have said something. I can probably get it to fall Haspin if he wants it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks