• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new with a bobbed deuce

cywk

Hey all Im new here lots to learn and I just bought a M35A3 bobbed deuce pictures coming Ive got a ton of questions and got some problems and am needing several parts any help would be appeciated.

Last edited:

cywk

paint

I found rapco paints but they dont have carc flat white Im in West by God Virginia is there any rides or groups here to have a ride.

Last edited:

KsM715

Just use a flat/ultra flat from the hardware store. You really only need a CARC substitute for the main color. Either 383 green or 686 tan. If you doing a 3color camo then get the brown as well. I believe most just use a hardware store flat black or flat white for the rest.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy:cookoo::jumpin::mrgreen:
Search is your friend and may preclude you getting your feelings hurt by some of our resident curmudgeons.

Most of the questions you have have probably been covered more than once.

We know you are here to learn but do as much research as you can before you post a question.

Again....welome to the madness that comes with OD addiction.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I've said it about a dozen times today. Use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation. At least try.

It's in the rules, it's common sense. We all went to school long enough to learn how to properly write a sentence.

In the near future, posts with no effort(to follow this basic rule/courtesy) are going to simply be deleted with no warning or explanation.

To the OP, I asked you twice already.

tco3129

Welcome fellow hillbilly:) I've found the majority here have A2's but there is a lot of A3knowledge here also.
BTW, STUDY THE TM'S. It's worth the read.

KsM715

Folks, I've said it about a dozen times today. Use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation. At least try.

It's in the rules, it's common sense. We all went to school long enough to learn how to properly write a sentence.

In the near future, posts with no effort(to follow this basic rule/courtesy) are going to simply be deleted with no warning or explanation.

To the OP, I asked you twice already.

resident curmudgeon :p

Dont worry DH I fit in the same box

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tonight on 60 Minutes, they referred to Andy Rooney as a curmudgeon. He is retiring as a weekly anchor. Sad times..

I'd take that title as a compliment.

cywk

Now back to fuel filer talk on a (bobbed M35A3)mine is a 2nd hand bob job and it came out of MD and it has the one filter down low with a bowl drain what should I change or watch for.

135gmc

Get used to having to hunt for parts. NAPA and other parts stores will fall flat on their tails if you ask for a military part, but once you track down the civilian equivalent, it gets easier. Read the threads here - like converting to civilian WS wipers, or JATONKA's conversion kits for filters. Memphis Equipment is also another good source for parts as well.

I think Portrayal Press also publishes a handbook of parts conversions between MIL parts and civilian parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks