• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie From Houston

scjarena

Been a member here since early last year, but only lurked occasionally since then. I picked up a M211, so I'm ready to have some fun. I'm a gear head, auto restorer, drag racer, auto painter, etc. basically jack of all trades master of none.

historyfanatics

Greetings!

I am also in Houston.

If you have some time, swing by the Military Museum of Texas on Wallisville Road some week-end. You'll likely find me or several other folks who have knowledge on the trucks.

Also, this forum is a great place to learn.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I left Houston more than thirty year ago.

I have lived all over the West and I am current in Denver. Looking to retiring back to Texas somewhere. Probably North Texas.

Welcome. And once you HAVE GREEN IRON DISEASE, the only hope is to keep buying more MV stuff...

WELCOME.

ford

I left Houston more than thirty year ago.

I have lived all over the West and I am current in Denver. Looking to retiring back to Texas somewhere. Probably North Texas.

Welcome. And once you HAVE GREEN IRON DISEASE, the only hope is to keep buying more MV stuff...

WELCOME.
Not sure why you left but we will be glad to have you back :) Im not sure I will ever leave

Welcome from Bryan, Texas. Look forward to you joining us at our semi-annual TX MV Rallys we have up here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/59987-3rd-semi-annual-tx-mv-rally.html
What all goes on at these things? Im not sure Ill have my Deuce by then :(

nofearnohope

What all goes on at these things? Im not sure Ill have my Deuce by then :(
For starters, no deuce or MV of any kind is required to show up to one of these events. The rally coming up is going to be in conjunction with the open house the local military museum is holding. We will be convoying over first thing Saturday morning and setting our vehicles up for display and staying for part of the day. We will then convoy back to the off road ranch and take some of the trucks out on the trail, followed by campfires, cooking out, bsing around said campfires.
Here is a link to the rally we just had last weekend for some pictures of the fun we have.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mo-ok-ar-ks-tx-rally/55535-second-bi-annual-tx-mv-rally.html

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure why you left but we will be glad to have you back :) Im not sure I will ever leave
It was long ago and there was a woman involved and ...

IT WAS LONG AGO... (all my ex's live in Texas ... running through my mind right now)

I lived in Houston.

I got to visit Golden, Colorado in both winter and summer. Then I moved to Colorado.

1978 I think. LONG TIME AGO...

But I've lived all over the West and was glad for the opportunities I have had over the past thirty years. I've seen a lot of our country over the years.

The pull to retire in Texas is strong.

Tough talking a California born wife that it's not as bad as Austin was when we lived there for three years in the late 80's/early 90's has been challenging to be sure.

But come the first of next year the wife said I need to 'RECON NORTH TEXAS' and come back with pix and local newspapers,etc -

So I said 'yes ma'am' and have started my planning stages for the trip...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks