• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie M36A2

KE5AFU

Hello all,

Last year I finished my "ultimate" offroad motorcycle build, but quickly realized that it simply wouldn't suffice in terms of storage or security for longer travels. I just purchased a 1970 M36A2 in bright cherry red, (I assume it was a FD vehicle previously). I already have a AAC shop van container and from what I've been told the extra size of the M36 means the container should fit in the back fairly easily. My goal is to build a RV / base camp where I can use the bike for normal exploration, but come back to more secure space / amenities when needed.

It looks like there are some really good resources here and a great group of people, thanks for the site and I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions in the near future.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Welcome. Be sure to search for the threads on the KAMO Rally held each fall at the D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, OK. It's fun for the whole family.

KE5AFU

I found a link to the manufacturer (AAR) of the container, and from what I can tell it should drop in the bed of the M36A2 snugly. Has anyone else used this type container before in an RV build? I'll be heading out next weekend to Nebraska to pick up the truck, for now here are some pics from the seller.
Container link: http://www.aarcorp.com/50353-001-msc-mobility-shop-container/ (I think links like this are allowed, if not MODS please delete)

2.jpg1.jpg4.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks