• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newby to SS - could use some advice on getting MTVR from Yermo to South Carolina

7 Tons of Fun

Blessed to get an MTVR in the Yermo auction and just got EUC clearance today. Planning to have a local shop pick it up for me and DOT inspect it and provide maintenance for 2100 mile trip home to South Carolina. Also bought a globe trailer and have a few items to load on it for the long trip home.
I have read some threads and arranged for 2 spare tires, & 10 ton jack. Besides having the local shop do DOT inspection and service for preventive maintenance, can anyone think of additional precautions I should take before starting that journey? Any contact information for those who might be a resource along the I40 route in the event of a break down would be of value and greatly appreciated.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can plan it around the next 2 weeks . I will be headed to Phoenix with a lowboy and hauling something back to Louisiana along I10. I can be your chase vehicle or more likely you chase the 915 cause i am not running 60mph unless i have to.

I carry all tools needed on board for fixing nearly everything. And atleast a big trailer in case it does go down.

I can carry a few spare 1600s out with me so you will have them.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Wes can be your most valuable resource, take the time to read my thread and checkout my channel. I cover some of the common issues with these trucks that several of us have found straight from Yermo.

7 Tons of Fun

You can plan it around the next 2 weeks . I will be headed to Phoenix with a lowboy and hauling something back to Louisiana along I10. I can be your chase vehicle or more likely you chase the 915 cause i am not running 60mph unless i have to.

I carry all tools needed on board for fixing nearly everything. And atleast a big trailer in case it does go down.

I can carry a few spare 1600s out with me so you will have them.
Thank you! Currently planning to leave Yermo on Saturday March 21st. If that coincides with your plans I’ll absolutely take you up on that offer.

7 Tons of Fun

Wes can be your most valuable resource, take the time to read my thread and checkout my channel. I cover some of the common issues with these trucks that several of us have found straight from Yermo.
Elijah95, thanks for the reply. I believe I’ve watched all your videos and really appreciate you being such a great resource. I’d like to learn more about the rally and participate, assuming I can get that dog home. Can I call you as well?

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can also vouch for Wes, he picked up my 5ton truck in GA & brought it to me here is SC. Top notch!!

7 Tons of Fun

I can carry a few spare 1600s out with me so you will
I can also vouch for Wes, he picked up my 5ton truck in GA & brought it to me here is SC. Top notch!!
Thank you. Looking forward to meeting Wes

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Elijah95, thanks for the reply. I believe I’ve watched all your videos and really appreciate you being such a great resource. I’d like to learn more about the rally and participate, assuming I can get that dog home. Can I call you as well?
Of course, I’ll pm you my phone number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
7 Tons of Fun,

You will need two 12 volt batteries. I also put in some fuel additive to clean out any gunk in the lines and in the injectors. My son cleaned the windshield in and out because it was VERY dirty. You should bring some new windshield wipers and a gallon of the windshield washer fluid just in case. Bring a tire gauge in case the CTIS doesn't work.

I brought some big heavy duty tie downs and I am glad I did because I ended up hauling back a flat tire and some other loose stuff.

If you want to pass a snap safety inspection, if you get pulled over, then bring a fire extinguisher and three of the safety triangles.

You should also take a lot of photos and post them here. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks