• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice looking 5 ton tractor.

vj

5 ton

thanks jason for post the picture, this is a 1944 ihc m426 tractor 450 red diamond engine, gas burner. use in the red ball express, and in the pacific during ww2, also they were use in the berlin blockage. i know a ww2 veteran, who drove one of the truck, he haul gasoline during the night time in europe. they tape thurmite gernade on the stiring tube, this was to be put on the engine if fallen to the enemie. i going to haul my halftrack to the local parade and events with this truck. so hope everyone with post your ww2 big truck on the ss. thanks wendell

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vj, many kudos to you for taking the time to restore this incredible WWII truck. All of us need to pay more attention to the second war steel soldiers, like the WWII human soldiers, these trucks are getting few and far between. They deserve our attention, even if they are slow and burn huge amounts of gasoline.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks