• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice M792 Ambulance

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! You didn't swipe the shifter boot?

If you get a chance to go back on base swing by the south side of the airfield. The last set of barracks (old style concrete block building) used to be 2/60th Infantry. I spent several years there.

combat32

I think those are all gone Mark, that's where my sons unit used to be. Almost all new buildings here now. They are even tearing down the last of the WW II buildings.

I may swing by Wal-Mart and buy some tools and go back:-D

combat32

As with most army museums the vehicles are in sorry shape with no preservation. This very complete nice truck won't be so in a few more years, still has batteries and some fuel in the tanks. Looks like you could get it running in a short period of time. It's a shame, and reminds me of how far I have to go with mine.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at Ft Benning, Ft Polk, and Ft Lewis and find it amazing that the Nat'l Guard Museum at Camp Mabry in Austin, TX is nicer than any of those 3 active duty museums. The new Infantry Museum at Ft Benning S*CKS (although I need to thank PapaBear for taking me to visit it). Everything is electronic with only 1 M151 and 1 Huey (at least when I was there) as actual static displays. Unfortunately the Mabry vehicles that are outside are subject to the TX elements. Still they have quite a nice selection inside where it's air conditioned.

m38inmaine

That is a nice ambulance, a lot of nice always missing goodies in the back, even has the cold weather lined canopy. I've got Tom covered on the shift boot. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My father in law was with the 2/60th (9th Infantry Division). SSGT Randy Carpenter. He was in country in '68.
Unfortunately not only is the 9th ID now defunct but I believe 2/60th has become a training regiment at Ft Jackson. Not even an Infantry training unit.

I always found it ironic that they were once part of the 5th ID which was where I had transferred from. Now they're both gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks