• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No ability to paragraph

Guyfang

Staff member
I have this problem only in PM's. Have to type a period twice, then put my cursor between the periods. Then I can write normal. Thought it was just me. Can see now, it's not. HELP Administrator!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this problem only in PM's. Have to type a period twice, then put my cursor between the periods. Then I can write normal. Thought it was just me. Can see now, it's not. HELP Administrator!!
I had this problem a while back and needed up update my Chrome browser.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Have the same issue intermittently. Sometimes no space between words. I can backspace then everything works fine. I have had the issue on win 7, 10. both with chrome and both have the latest updtes

Chief_919

I am having the no space between words issue too.

Chrome or Safari on my iphone both do it. The spacebar will not work, but if I hit return to start a new line and go back to the first line it works.

Only happens on PM's, not posting to the forum. Happens on every device I use.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I updated last night and no difference.
Count me in for this as well.
Unfortunately the only things I can offer are work arounds. Try hitting enter at the start of a reply, then spacebar. Do this first before trying to type. The issue is the old java script CKE editor that vBulletin uses. Typical vB fashion, they've washed their hands of it since it's not their code causing the problem. (Chrome security has outdated the script and is causing the issues. I've inserted the CSS workaround here, but it's hit or miss on what browsers will be happy with it. It's a little technical, but here's the official word from the vendor https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/for...ooting/4356452-space-bar-not-working-on-reply )

I have had problems uploading pictures and large Tm's since the last upgrade?

Is their a size limit or time out?
Not really related to this topic, but there's both. (Size and timeout) There's a size limit invoked due to the hosting company. Then there's a timeout feature for safety reason. The timeout is there because if a user tried to upload something and lost connection, a process would remain running. If someone was using a cell connection or some other "unreliable" means, you could see where this becomes an issue. Basically spawning multiple processes and bringing the server to a crawl. Anyhow, what size was the file? The problem with the timeout is that everyone has different internet connection speeds. So there's not a "good" number I can set the timeout to accommodate everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks