• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No shortage of rolling stock

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to google maps Yermo California....go ahead and take a look at that!
impressive. One lot appears to have hundreds of shrink wrapped HMMWV's ?
another lot appears to have a whole bunch of M triple 9's "howitzers"

Yermo, CA 92398

Last edited:

Royalpower

Hello Steven,

This is Ruben, I was chatting you up on Facebook about the bumper.

That's good news man! You can never have enough of the green machines :).

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Steven,

This is Ruben, I was chatting you up on Facebook about the bumper.

That's good news man! You can never have enough of the green machines :).

true...but a lot of those are active duty trucks, having not been to Yermo yet, I don't know where the GP people site is.
i bought 3 truck today...but I'm not picking them up when it's time.

Royalpower

First to make sure we're on the same page, you're also Steven S. K., right?

I think as long as they auction of a few hundred a month I'm good. To be honest, I just don't want them to dry up any time soon. I just want to have access to them. I enjoy working on the darn things too much.

true...but a lot of those are active duty trucks, having not been to Yermo yet, I don't know where the GP people site is.
i bought 3 truck today...but I'm not picking them up when it's time.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I think as long as they auction of a few hundred a month I'm good. To be honest, I just don't want them to dry up any time soon. I just want to have access to them. I enjoy working on the darn things too much.
yes...

GMVguy

Barstow/Yermo MCLB is a Logistics base strategically located with tons of equipment ready to deploy by rail, so most of it will never be for sale. Picked up there last year and scheduled a base tour and it blew my mind to see all that heavy equipment ready to deploy. Truly amazing. The elevation, humidity, etc is ideal for storing vehicles outdoors, year-round. Virtually no environmental damage other than the sun, so vehicles can last decades there. And then when a unit is called up, rail cars are loaded and sent to the coast.

Jakob1944

If your talking Hmmwv.....I read where they aren't going to retire all of them......just the armored up ones are being replaced with a vehicle from Oshkosh, The JLTV......The light Hummee are going to be still used........I would venture to say that all the support units (about 60 percent of the Military) will still be using the "plain jane" hummvee.......The JLT is just too impractical for those rolls.....It weight around 7 tons and cost 250K.....I would liken it to using a Abrams Tank to go pick up repair parts or to the post laundry......

my 2 cent.......

and I might add.....with a new man coming in times might start getting tighter

Last edited:

springbok

If there is no shortage of rolling stock why are there only 31 HUMVEEs in the next two auctions, most of which are beaters?
I guess they gave up on the M1123s nobody was buying the stock ones...
They trying to drive up the price or don't have stock ready to sell ? ?
We will see

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had quite a bit for sale a few weeks ago. Some went for a good price, others only had one bid and a few didn't receive any bids (those were pretty beat up). They probably learned to not do that many at one time, as a lot of folks that aren't businesses will not bid on more than a few at a time. If I had won every truck (not just HMMWVs) I bid on, I would have had to transfer money to come up with the money.

Jakob1944

They had quite a bit for sale a few weeks ago. Some went for a good price, others only had one bid and a few didn't receive any bids (those were pretty beat up). They probably learned to not do that many at one time, as a lot of folks that aren't businesses will not bid on more than a few at a time. If I had won every truck (not just HMMWVs) I bid on, I would have had to transfer money to come up with the money.
Good......maybe my EUC will hurry up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks