• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No turn signals, brake lights, hazzards, or reverse lights.

Gagerush1

I have no brake, reverse, hazzards or turn signals. I have replaced all the fuses and both of the flashers. Cleaned and checked all the grounds. I also replaced all the bulbs. All the correct fuses have power. My headlights and running lights are working fine so I don't believe my BO switch is bad. I've taken off the back of the fuse box to clean it.
Could the turn signal switch prevent the reverse and brake lights from working? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I feel like I've read every forum/thread
Ito is an 84 m1009

papakb

Fuse block? There are only circuit breakers for the basic trucks, no fuse blocks. There are fuse blocks in the ambulance bodies but they have nothing to do with the vehicle lighting system. As for replacing both flashers, again, there is only 1 flasher in the truck. Getting back to your question, the turn signal switch can stop your brake lights from working since it's function is to interrupt those signals when you have the turn signals or hazard lights on but it won't kill your reverse lights. This sounds more like a bad master light switch.

Your post leaves out some important information like the model number of your HMMWV. I think the ambulances are the only trucks that originally came with backup lights. Also, is your master light switch the three lever style or the newer push button model. The three lever switch has an internal circuit breaker that is a fairly high failure item and the push button switch is just a pain in the ass failure wise.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks