• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Norman, OK - Veterans Day Parade, Sun Nov 9th, 2014

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received the Veteran's Day Parade app the other day.

Trying to decide if I will sign up this year as only one other person committed and then we canceled our participation at the last minute.

Please let me know soon if you plan on attending so I can get the application turned in.

2014 Veterans day poster.jpg

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?113553-Norman-OK-Veterans-Day-Parade-Sat-Nov-9th-2013
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?96208-Norman-OK-Veteran-s-Day-Parade-2012
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?76346-Veteran-s-Day-Parade-Norman-OK

M1075

I'm in. Blue Star moms have requested a ride along and have made a preference to ride in a deuce.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Well.. I can't guareentee anything but I will try Still working on it.... I picked up an 88 Jeep Wrangler, Gonna slap some green paint on it for now.. Until I can get the Willy Running... But at least this time it is my Jeep... I hope that you guys don;t stick me in the back again this time... Last time I could not see anything but 1 big truck in front of me... haha...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like we will only have 6 or 7 vehicles this year. Anyone else interested in attending?

The meeting location is the Norman High School eastside parking lot on Main St.

Staging is a 1:00pm and the parade starts at 2:00pm

Parade begins at the High School, goes east to downtown, south on James Garner and Jenkins to Reeves Park (about 2.4 miles)

We will be providing rides to the Blue Star Mothers again this year. They will need to ride in one of the trucks with troop seats (maybe more that one truck).

After the parade we will more than likely head over to Rudy's BBQ.

Happyland1410

Looking forward to it!

Warthog, can you believe that this Veterans Day will be 5 years since I bought my deuce from you? Look at my signature line and see what you started. :D

It even influenced my purchase of a new vehicle last week. The new Jeep green paint color for this year is named "Tank".
How could I resist? :tank:

Attachments

Happyland1410

Happyland, I just found out you are from Ada as well. Wanna caravan up on Sunday?
Scorpion6, I had also missed that you are in Ada. Sounds good to caravan up to Norman on Sunday. I will PM you later this week and we can plan a meeting time and place. It looks like we will have nice weather. I will be prepping and servicing my deuce Friday and Saturday to make sure everything is ready for the parade. I even have a new shock absorber on order for the springer seat to make the ride a little less bouncy. Talk to you soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks