• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS rear brake chamber storage questions

coachgeo

getting some rear brake chambers to have on hand. would it be wise to drop/spray or otherwise some "mothers rubber treatment" like stuff somewhere inside to get some coat on the rubber to help them maybe age so much while in storage?

Open to this and other storage ideas.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No.

Cage the can and put it in a safe spot. Preferably in a hard box. This will keep pressure of the spring off the one diaphragm. But there is no telling how long its been in there. I would just have an extra diaphragm stack and swap it in in the event you ever needed the can and you simply wanted to.

coachgeo

No.

Cage the can and put it in a safe spot. Preferably in a hard box. This will keep pressure of the spring off the one diaphragm. But there is no telling how long its been in there. I would just have an extra diaphragm stack and swap it in in the event you ever needed the can and you simply wanted to.
these are all NOS and still in box and plastic..... would think they are all caged already.. but will look.

coachgeo

that reminds me..... are the brake cans the same between front and back.... just longer stems? IF so can the stems be swapped (and I assume some arm of some type that is inside the stem.)

Ronmar

that reminds me..... are the brake cans the same between front and back.... just longer stems? IF so can the stems be swapped (and I assume some arm of some type that is inside the stem.)
No, the fronts don’t have caging springs or park diaphragm chambers and only have two ports(service and vent)...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks