• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My FAV find!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a souped up VW engine, the engine, trans (bus) and chassis were special built by Southern California's premiere Baja racing folks.
We know the chassis was built by Chenowth, this engine may have built by Don Hatz, I have an inquiry to them now.
The trans-axle was built buy ether ITS or Mendeola.
EDIT, sorry it has the bus 6 rib 4 speed transmission and it looks like the engine will be somewhere from 2100 to 2200 CC, will not be certain until I can measure the bore.
I will have to pull the head to do that but need a couple days to clear a permanent indoor spot for it before starting to rip it apart.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks amazing!

Sure it wouldn’t benefit from a Duramax/Allison/Atlas?
Heck the dang thing is under 1800lb it is so light it has "cutting brakes" a handle by the sifter that controls the right and left brakes because it so light the steering tires have only a marginal effect on sand etc, should do wheelies with little effort!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have seen these vehicles, or maybe that, in Zion (I think that is SD) in 2019.
This is a great "find" not documented on any of the sites for the FAV that I can find, what is also interesting even though this definitely looks to be one of the original 120 FAVs the data is all wrong, that is a 100" wheelbase chassis, the data shown looks to be for a DPV or LSV
The FAV specs are H=57" L=146" W=76" GVWR 2240LB max speed 84+MPH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks