• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OA331 Tune Up Parts Sources?

OD_Coyote

Does anybody have any recommended sources for OA331 water proof distributor tune parts, like caps, rotors, points, ignition wires etc?
I see that Memphis Equipment has the parts, but I am wondering if there is a source that would not cost quite as much.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try George at White Owl, he had everything we needed for the 6602, should have the stuff for the deuce, the cap, router, plugs, wires, points, coil, condenser are the same as the 6602, the ONLY thing different is the distributor housing advance (opposite from the 6602), this makes the housing different.
NOTE -- You can mistake a deuce distributor for a 5t one and vise-a-versa, they both WILL install in the wrong engine AND the motor WILL RUN but there will NOT be any advance when called for.

OD_Coyote

Thanks again 73m819! I emailed George at White Owl and he promptly responded to my message. He has everything I need and he has very reasonable prices.
I have dealt with George in the past for parts for my multi-fuel powered trucks, but I never thought about him for gasser parts. :doh:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
George KNOWS these old parts in his head, he does not even need to look things up, he also knows what will work better then the called for part. I like talking and doing business with him, he is what ALL the old time parts guys were like, none of no p/n no part, ect,,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks