• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler Line Leak

Hello--I have an '86 CUCV Blazer. Today, it developed a small pin-hole leak in one of the oil cooler lines. Of course, the leak proceeded to spray oil all over the engine bay. Does someone have a P/N or source for the line? I might as well replace both of them. The other option would be to take it to a hydralic shop and have the line repaired. Thanks in advance

Tom Lovinggood

MarcusOReallyus

GM part numbers are in the dash-twenty (TM9-2320-289-20), available here.

Or just buy the part from any online source. It's just an 84 Chevy Blazer with the 6.2 diesel. User cucvrus swears by the Dorman replacements, available just about anywhere online.

No mattress what year your CUCV was actually made, parts are for an 84. The Army wanted standardized parts.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the local hydraulic shop repair them for me. That way I know the metal lines will fit correctly.

The cost was the same or slightly less than a set of Made in China lines that may or may not fit correctly.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RockAuto.com . I just had one split right by the connector at the block. I took one off of a parts engine I have. But I too will be replacing them both.

DREDnot

I just got a set of dormans finest as recommended by cucvrus.
I got them from summit racing. Part numbers 625-154 @$26.97 and 625-155 @$24.97
I'll see how they fit one of these next few weekends

DSCN3451.jpg

DSCN2755.jpg

DSCN3091.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

Very easy. Be patient and loosen the 2 M8 nuts on the manifold studs with the bracket if you have alignment trouble. Do NOT force them and only tighten everything once it is all aligned and started properly. Good Luck. Merry Christmas. I have installed 3 sets of the Dorman's in the last 2 months and have 2 more sets for plow trucks to do. Please report back.

cucvrus

No mattress what year your CUCV was actually made

A thin mattress would come in handy for a stubborn set of oil cooler lines. Beats laying on the concrete. Merry Christmas. All in fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks