• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil in my air filter M927

Chitangi

Hey guys ! for some reason I seem to be getting oil in my air filter..and I'm wondering what in the world could be causing that....my temps and oil pressure are perfect changed my transfer case recently after the old one basically shattered in micro junks( driving low in reverse : ) ! hopefully someone can help out,thanks again.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil may be from the breather, I'm more interested in the transfer case shattering in micro junks (chucks?) . Your truck must not have been equipped with the safety interlock preventing reverse in low treansfer. Were you giving it power or just idling back up the driveway? Case failure or just internal damage?

Last edited:

Chitangi

Basically the whole back was shattered in pieces I saw some minor cracks until it got worse and then the whole thing fragmented in pieces and I had to get a new one.I'm not sure it has any safety interlock installed I strongly doubt it. It was both idling in reverse and powered don't remember much...but thanks for your in put..

plode

Didn't they put a small amount of oil in the air filter housing to help with the dusty conditions in the desert?
Perhaps that is what he's seeing.

I do know on the A2's with the 8.3L 6CTA the breather vents to atmosphere, not the air intake.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a problem with my M936, I was starting to get oil at the front axle switch and the air filter.
It turns out it was coming form the transfer case via the vent from the transfer case and the air was coming from the shifting valve on top of the transfer case, so it was pressurizing the transfer case.. When you turn the truck off you can here air venting into the air intake.
But on the M936 you can not get to that valve with out pulling the transfer case, so I just put a vent on the fill hole on the transfer case, that fixed the oil at the switch and the air filter.
If I pull the transfer case at some point I will fix it right then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks