• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Level Sensor High Code: How to Remediate?

Phoenix77

The title pretty much says it all... Do I need to just pop the cork on the bottom of the transmission and drain fluid, or is it more nuanced?

Ronmar

What is the fault number? Is it perhaps 14-23? Which would be “oil level SENSOR failed high“ if that is the case, is the mode light lit along with it? Mode light/indicator would indicate a current active fault...

The oil level sensor is a variable resistor that the processor passes a voltage thru. It has a wiper on a float That senses varying voltage at different fluid levels. It is an option on the deep sump and the military didn’t pop for that option.

If you are getting that alarm, you most likley have a short on the wire that would be the wiper, to the wire that provides the source voltage for the variable resistor...

Phoenix77

What is the fault number? Is it perhaps 14-23? Which would be “oil level SENSOR failed high“ if that is the case, is the mode light lit along with it? Mode light/indicator would indicate a current active fault...

The oil level sensor is a variable resistor that the processor passes a voltage thru. It has a wiper on a float That senses varying voltage at different fluid levels. It is an option on the deep sump and the military didn’t pop for that option.

If you are getting that alarm, you most likley have a short on the wire that would be the wiper, to the wire that provides the source voltage for the variable resistor...
4523 is the code, and yes, the MODE light stays lit along with it, so I can't clear the code.

Suprman told me to check the wiring harness, and I just found the associated task in the TM.

Ronmar

What is the fault number?
4523 is the code, and yes, the MODE light stays lit along with it, so I can't clear the code.

Suprman told me to check the wiring harness, and I just found the associated task in the TM.
Yep, I suspect you have a short somewhere...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks