• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil mixed with water

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So while working on filtering fuel today, I got hit out of nowhere with a downpour. In the haste to put everything under cover, I missed a drain pan with some oil in it. Whats the best way to clean this crap up? If I heat it will the water boil off? I have no problem burning the oil in a fire, but it won't work so well with this much water in it. Thanks.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since oil floats on water, could you transfer the mix into a throw-away container of some sort, let it separate on its own, then poke a hole in the bottom and drain the water out until the oil arrives at the drain point?

Not sure how much you have there, but you could do it in several small batches. Maybe using a "clear" jug, like what washer fluid comes in? :idea:

:?:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: Let's see you guys down South, try that! :lol:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: oil mixed with water

gimpyrobb said:
So you are saying I should put it in the freezer huh? Honest sweety, the guys on SS told me too...
Well, you were thinking of putting it in the oven, weren't you? :cookoo:
Next time you hear rumbling skies, you'll know what's coming! :lol:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: oil mixed with water

No rumbling! Out of no where it came. It was overcast in the morning, then when it rained, it was sunny. Go figure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks