• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure sending unit question : no oil pressure

DeuceNewb

I've got 0 oil pressure showing on the gauge, and I'm guessing the sending unit is the problem. With the ignition power all the way off the needle on the gauge is below zero, and once you turn the power on the needle moves to zero, but starting the engine causes no additional change. It's got fresh oil and sounds great, and should have blown up by now from the amount of driving i've done if it truly had no pressure.

Am I right in thinking the sending unit? If so, will the sending unit off a 6.5 work on a 6.2? i've got a 6.2 and a friend has one lying around pulled from a 6.5. I had no idea a **** oil pressure sensor for these things was so **** expensive. Any other vehicle and it would be less than $40, not the $80-100 I'm seeing!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 0 oil pressure showing on the gauge, and I'm guessing the sending unit is the problem. With the ignition power all the way off the needle on the gauge is below zero, and once you turn the power on the needle moves to zero, but starting the engine causes no additional change. It's got fresh oil and sounds great, and should have blown up by now from the amount of driving i've done if it truly had no pressure.

Am I right in thinking the sending unit? If so, will the sending unit off a 6.5 work on a 6.2? i've got a 6.2 and a friend has one lying around pulled from a 6.5. I had no idea a **** oil pressure sensor for these things was so **** expensive. Any other vehicle and it would be less than $40, not the $80-100 I'm seeing!
down load the TM and go through the troubleshooting section for non working oil pressure gauge....it's very possible it's a bad gauge, ground etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks