• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil seeping into dash

tardy_pizza

First post here. I’ve had my M1028 since December and has been nothing but a great weekend truck. Today I hopped in and noticed red oil seeping through the dash panels. Took a look around and ended up tearing the whole bezel off. Wondering if anyone’s seen something like this before. 3F0DC07D-182C-4C30-BBC2-9DE7F359A243.jpeg

kallisti5

Transmission dip stick tube? It's right at the firewall in the engine compartment on the middle/passenger side.
Fresh transmission fluid is red.

Power steering fluid working it way up the steering column from steering box at the opposite end of the steering shaft and "blowing" into the cabin?
The latter feels more realistic than the former :)

cucvrus

Reach up under there and disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the speedometer. You should be able to pull the cable out of the cable housing. Clean and grease the cable with cable lubricant. I guess it is possible that transfer case ATF is traveling up the cable. Check how full the transfer case is by removing the top 30MM plug on the rear of the transfer case. You should just be able to touch the fluid. it should not be running out. If it is running out the seal between the transmission and transfer case has been compromised. Not a huge repair but will require removing the transfer case. I had this happen to a few customers. Never had it all he way up the cable but seen it leaking out the breather. The transfer case breather may be clogged also. It could be as simple as that. Check that first. Passengers side of transfer case top side. it exits out the tail housing via a 5/16" metal tube. Good Luck. Be Safe and Please Report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks