• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil type and weight?

Firecloud

Hi guys, I'm a new guy to this forum. Just purchased a 1984 M1009 6.2L Blazer with 66k miles. I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered and I did search, but couldn't find the answer to my question.

1. What's the correct viscosities for the 6.2L n/a diesel engine? I'm looking for manufacturers recommendation. I don't have any experience with this engine and no manuals. I live in the mountains of Colorado, and the truck will be used as a plow. Sounds like other diesels that I've owned in that 15w40 is recommended from owners.

Thank you! I look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.

Andy

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cucvrus

15W40 Rotella T will do it every time. I have only ever used 1 type of oil other than the Rotella. I bought a 55 gallon drum of Mystic 15 W50 super heavy duty oil and it was sealed and dirt cheap because the drum was dented severely. Don't remember the exact cost but it was less than $1. per qt. Good Day at the sale. Bought ATF in 55 gallon drums because of dents and minor leaks. Stick with the 15W 40 and all is well. Take Care Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks