• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Okay - so I'm now an M37 owner... additional pics

CGarbee

RE: Okay - so I

Hood markings got assigned as the vehicle was built and shipped to the military. They stayed with the truck it's entire life. Bumper numbers got applied when assigned to a unit and would get changed when the truck was assigned to a new unit.
Unfortunately, records on individual vehicles are not kept for long after the vehicle is released from service. Unless it is "important" your chances of getting any records about a particular vehicle are slim. Best thing is to lightly sand bumpers, hood sides, dash, fender tops, around the fuel filler neck, and the doors, in order to determine how your truck was marked.
Post what markings you find here so that folks can help you figure out what unit is was assigned to, and then contact that unit's Public Affairs folks and contact their Veterans' Group since somebody may remember your truck, or have photos of people that have the truck in them, or just have info about the Unit at the time your truck was in service...

Good luck.

I'm looking forward to helping you spend your money on it... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks