• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OLDCHEV4X4 gets a M1008

OLDCHEV4X4

Finally after years of looking and bidding and surfing and driving all over the tristate area to look at trucks ....i won a M1008 from GL.[thumbzup]
Its a 1984 M1008 with 89k on the clock. Looked like it was running from the Bordentown NJ pics. It had mud flung all over it in the GL pictures , so I assumed it was a runner. My current 86 Chevy K20 plow truck is finally beat after last winter, so I justified it that way with the wife.

My EUC cleared in 10 days and I set up a appointment with Chris. He was late so I had to go inside the guard post and talk with the Sargent Major. There shop is outstanding!! I want to join just so I can work in it!

Finally Chris shows up and we go to the truck and look it over. 2 new 6tl batterys. new looking fuel filter, new air filter, new belts., recent coolant service. Chris says he thinks this was the truck that they used to pull out other trucks when it gets muddy. It looks like it , there is mud eveywhere underneath. After a little glow plug card issue, it started up after the third try. I hop in and put it in gear and drive it to the trailer. Its in 4 low and the hubs are locked. Load up with not much trouble and take a little walk around.
If you go there ,watch out for the hornet's nest and thissle.

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

Duds, the kids were more excited than I was. I love it! I'm gonna come for a visit.

I sent the SF97 intel in , but i could not resist a ride up the road to the next driveway and back. It has fuel delivery problems, and stalls on the way back.
So i changed out the fuel filter, there was some nasty crud and water in there.
Try it again and all is good. :grin:
I found a few things in the truck, a lug wrench, a leaf rake, lots of trash, some bungie cords, a full plain white bottle of 15w-40 and these things. Any body want to ID the clip looking thing.

Attachments

HAWKMAN

Nice truck!! if you think you might want to put troopseats/side racks on it Ive got them along with the bows..PM me if
interested, I can bring them to Gilbert:D

OLDCHEV4X4

I changed my oil yesterday. I put 7 quarts in, started it up, shut it off, let it sit, and the stick said 1 qt low. It has a spin on filter the same size as the small block Chevy, NAPA 1061.
I confirmed that the stick was all the way in.
I checked that the tube was seated all the way.
It looks like the oil pan is new. Its got fresh black paint and new bolts. The block also has fresh black paint.
Do some 6.2's take 8 qts?

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Congrats Man! Finally, hahaha... You certainly got a nice one. That would be neat to see it on the trails at Rausch Creek! Thanks for the pics.

powerhouseduece

Great score on the truck randy, I hope to see it in this falls RC rally! If you need any lift kit or parts let me know, my land lord is a bds dealer. I also have a set of front leveling springs for that truck if you interested.

OLDCHEV4X4

Hey Matt, I might have to make a return to RC this fall. If I get my title by then.:roll:
I am not going to lift this truck, its a work truck, plow snow, towing a car trailer, etc.
I do need some springs for another project though.

LanceRobson

Congrats. Randy

Although I never saw one mounted there, I think the floor brackets are for an M8 chemical agent alarm.

Would I be right in guessing that the SGM you were talking to was Ed Miller?

Lance

OLDCHEV4X4

Hey Lance, I dont remember the SGM name he was gray haired, thin build, nice guy.
Chemical agent alarm...hmm, I like keeping things original but I dont think i will persue that equipment.

1986Blazerk5

Hey Lance, I dont remember the SGM name he was gray haired, thin build, nice guy.
Chemical agent alarm...hmm, I like keeping things original but I dont think i will persue that equipment.
I think he is right, i have seen that piece on ebay but is very expensive, in my opinion its not worth it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks