• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Op LZ Michigan 8-10 July 2016 Wurtsmith AFB Oscoda, MI

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swap space for military items - FREE
Entry Fee for MV's - WAIVED
Primitive camping Fee - FREE
Entry for a ride on the Huey - included with free MV entry!
USO style shows - free for participants
Museum Admittance - free for participants

and I haven't even scratched the surface of whats happening!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just met with Joe Brinn. This event is going off the charts! American Huey 369 will be flying all weekend, We'll have another Huey on static display from the Wurtsmith Air Museum with a real Huey pilot to chat with!. US Army Blackhawk with crew, 02 Skymaster will participate with a Huey on Saturday for a downed pilot extraction from a hot LZ reenactment. Big name performers Friday & Saturday. LZ Arielle . The Michigan Wall. Action Track Chair, War Dog Memorial, Agent Orange Riders. Really need more Vietnam era vehicles to come, MV's from all eras are welcome. 8,9 & 10 July 2016

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AAR

WOW 3 days of awesomeness!
The Huey only flew low over the display area 50 or 60 times throughout the day on Saturday.[sarc]
lzmichigan2 019c.jpg
A donation was made that covered fuel expenses for the MV's that attended!
While we didn't have an official way of counting visitors, estimates have that over 3000!
With so much going on out front, the Wurtsmith Air Museum only managed about 10% of the crowd paying the Museums $5 entry fee, which still kept the all volunteer staff busy.

arrival of an Army Reserve Blackhawk
lzmichigan2 004c.jpg
The crew was great!, Answering questions and showing off their equipment. Excellent static display to go with the Huey's.
All while wishing they could be flying the Huey.

Mid Saturday saw a downed pilot recovery re-enactment.
the O2A scout plane came in to locate the pilot, and also spotted a nearby NVA patrol searching for the downed pilot. The location was relayed to the evac crew in the Huey which came under fire as they came in for a landing, a fire team exited the Huey to secure the pilot and repel the enemy advance, as the Huey took off to provide air cover & came back after the NVA threat was eliminated.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there Saturday, very good event, excellent displays, I was impressed!
The O2A and the Huey flew overhead along the Huron beach while the GF and I were soaking up the sun, pretty cool!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks