• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Lion Claws XI

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Bad Karma team will be participating in Operation Lion Claws again this year and as always I will have my M109A3 there as well as Bad Karma's M35A2 for troop carrying. Unfortunately we won't have the Captain's HMMWV this year since he is currently deployed in Afganistan.

The event is Memorial Weekend (Friday thru Sunday) May 25-27, so you can still do any parades on Monday.

Operation Lion Claws is a full weekend event which normally includes camping overnight Friday & Saturday. The registration fee for this event is $195 alone not including camping supplies, uniforms, bbs, etc. It is a full Milsim event requiring you to be on the field from Start to finish - Saturday & Sunday.

Is anyone interested in participating with your MV? There would be no registration fee due...you attend for free with your MV. You would be required to participate in the event by doing troop transports around the AO, get shot at with plastic bb's and take the occasional nerf rocket to your vehicle thus disabling it.

It is alot of fun and not a simple airsoft game. It pits Alpha Co under the command of Col. Danny McKnight. XO. Sgt. Igor Dobroff vs. Bravo Co under the command of MSG "MAD MAX" Mullen.

The event is being held at George AFB in Victorville (same location is also used in pre-deployment training for our armed forces).

Map of the AO is attached.

Please PM me if interested in attending and I'll tell you more.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP. These events usually sell out quickly and are limited in size (usually ends up being around 150 soldiers per side).

Of course driving won't impact those numbers, but they do build the game senarios according to what vehicles will be involved, so need to know what will be there asap. This isn't your kids airsoft event.

You can hang out with the Bad Karma team (we usually have a great camp setup and really good food) and the VIPs always come by to hang out with us.

Col. Danny McKnight is a true American hero and a really nice man to chat with and Sgt. Igor Dobroff always has me rolling with some of his stories. MSG "MAD MAX" Mullen is also a really great guy, but he's in charge of Bravo Co and we always roll with Alpha Co.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what if a rogue team showed up, working out side of both of A & B commands :twisted: , like the team in the dirty dozen that took out the red commiand, :cool: . Now that sure would add some pazzaz to the operatin [thumbzup]

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what if a rogue team showed up, working out side of both of A & B commands :twisted: , like the team in the dirty dozen that took out the red commiand, :cool: . Now that sure would add some pazzaz to the operatin [thumbzup]
The AO is tightly controled with security, etc. so, no one can just show up. People do come to this event from all over the country though and we even have teams from overseas come. Usually the game design incorporates the ability to "take a vehicle" by killing it with a nerf rocket and then having them change thier colors to assist the other side. This is a first class mil-sim event with game designers, staff, sponsors, etc. Nice raffle at the end too.

All kinds of in game fun stuff like that, but no one drives your MV but you and you are in command of the troops in/on your MV. Usually we spend time moving soldiers from a FOB to in or behind the action in order to accomplish thier goals. There are usually objects (bomb casings, briefcases, etc) that must be found and brought back to the FOB for points...and as you can imagine we are heavily involved in that.

Always a good time and good people at these events.

charlietango

any chances of Canadians attending?

I run one of the bigger Canadian games up here... not to this level unfortunately but we've had helicopters and vehicles etc. I think we were one of the first to USE a heli in the game and have the troops on it during the game.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any chances of Canadians attending?

I run one of the bigger Canadian games up here... not to this level unfortunately but we've had helicopters and vehicles etc. I think we were one of the first to USE a heli in the game and have the troops on it during the game.
If you have an MV and can get it and yourself here then I don't see why not. We have teams come in from the Phillipines to play as well as back east.

What vehicle(s) would you be bringing and how many would be in your group? The free pass is for the driver (and possibly a navigator), any others would need to pay the registration fees to play.

BLK HMMWV

Bad-Carp
I do some promotional stuff for Evike. I just picked up a new CAW M134 mini (yesturday) it will take me a while to build the correct mount for it and convert it to a spade grip set up. My HMMWV has 5 different swing arm mounting points at the 2 rear doors and the commanders doors for 240's and 249's.
It might make an interesting addition to Bad Karmas arsenal.

The promoter of the event has been trying to get me to come to some of the events in the past. Someday!!!

To anyone thinking of doing this I can tell you that after meeting them at CDB a few years back the guys of Bad Karma are a good group to hang with.

BH

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad-Carp
I do some promotional stuff for Evike. I just picked up a new CAW M134 mini (yesturday) it will take me a while to build the correct mount for it and convert it to a spade grip set up. My HMMWV has 5 different swing arm mounting points at the 2 rear doors and the commanders doors for 240's and 249's.
It might make an interesting addition to Bad Karmas arsenal.

The promoter of the event has been trying to get me to come to some of the events in the past. Someday!!!

To anyone thinking of doing this I can tell you that after meeting them at CDB a few years back the guys of Bad Karma are a good group to hang with.

BH
Would love to get you out for this, it is alot of fun and you'll have a blast. We had the Captain's armored HMMWV at this game last year, but no weapons other than me jumpng out with an M79 (but I was spot on with it). Sounds like you'd be rolling death for the foot soldiers...perfect!!!!

Would love to have you there if you can make it.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If everything goes well I will be bringing a Ferret. I've been keeping it quiet because I wasn't sure it would get here in time.
PM me details, I'd have to get you registered so you can come to the AO. Without being registered in advance, you wouldn't be allowed to enter which would be no fun.

smashcrashy

PM me details, I'd have to get you registered so you can come to the AO. Without being registered in advance, you wouldn't be allowed to enter which would be no fun.

We've actually met, Im that long hair hippie guy you showed the inside of your truck cabin last LC. We also had that great corner fight at Red Storm, I had all the smoke and grenades, I believe you were at that part of the fight.

I've talked to Lu about going but I dont think he believed I was actually bringing it as it isnt in country yet. So he didnt mention anything about it being free.

But circumstances have changed and I've actually got a second one and it will be here this week.

Last edited:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like fun. Do the vehicle operators get to fight back in the event of an ambush? I only have my M1009 CUCV and it's painted woodland camo not desert camo or beige. But I do have a few airsoft weapons to protect my truck with.;)

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like fun. Do the vehicle operators get to fight back in the event of an ambush? I only have my M1009 CUCV and it's painted woodland camo not desert camo or beige. But I do have a few airsoft weapons to protect my truck with.;)
Sure you can defend the vehicle and any troops you are deploying. I usually end up being the navigator on Bad Karma's deuce and end up taking out troops or other vehicles with a thumper shooting nerf rockets or my MP5.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've actually met, Im that long hair hippie guy you showed the inside of your truck cabin last LC. We also had that great corner fight at Red Storm, I had all the smoke and grenades, I believe you were at that part of the fight.

I've talked to Lu about going but I dont think he believed I was actually bringing it as it isnt in country yet. So he didnt mention anything about it being free.

But circumstances have changed and I've actually got a second one and it will be here this week.
I certainly remember the corner fight at Red Storm, that was fun!

If you've already talked to John and are going anyway...I'll let you work that out with him unless you need me to once you are 100% sure you'll have the Ferret. Hope you can make it either way. Bad Karma has done these events for years and John knows we have a few vehicles and just asked if I could locate a few others to join the fun.

Would really like to have at least 1 more deuce for troop hauling as well as any thing else to increase the mood of the event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks