• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh WT 2206 plow trucks

snowplow

Howdy All :
I'm a fng, bought a Oshkosh WT 2206 snow plow truck, & need L front axle parts & especially new brake parts. Oshkosh has a new drum for over $1200 & that is it, Warner the brake mfg has very little. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have drawings & both Oshkosh & Warner P/#'s.

Thanks,

Larry Little
2- 1986 M35A2C's
1 - trailer
1 Oshkosh WT 2206 snow plow truck

acetomatoco

In Quebec CANADA and northern Maine there are a plethora of used OSHKOSH dealers... you might try the Google route there....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Larry. Welcome to SS. I have seen a couple of those on GL lately. Neat looking rig. What's your plan for it in TX?

Coveralls

Snowplow, we just got 13" of snow the other day. Where were you? You can make a lot of money here as we get a lot of lake effect snow. But Texas? Just wondering.

snowplow

Thanks Guys,
The truck is in SLC, I purchased it from Hill AFB last year. I have some land in ID about 100 mi from Boise & plan on using it to clear my road from where we build to the county road, about 1 mi. No task at all for the truck, they were made in the 50's by Oshkosh for the USAF SAC bases, the spec was to clear the B52 runways in 15 min so they could go drop bombs. They were such a great truck that in the 80"s the AF sent them back to Oshkosh for zero time overhaul & new cat turbo diesel engines. My truck was re-built in 86 & was in service till Nov 06 & had 19,000 mi & 1500 hrs on it & other than the missing LF axle is pristine. I hope that if I can find the brake parts I will have a plow that will go another 30+ yrs with my limited use.

mitchellracing

i cant help ya with a brake drum . but most big truck parts places can reline the brake shoes for ya cause thats all they do with regular big truck brakes . check some truck parts places they can send ya in the right direction

81wt2206

Hey larry
my name is Tim and I have 2 Wt 2206 one's and 1981 thats been remaned by oshkosh, and we also have a 1959 that is all original with double wing's and a huge plow!. It also have and original Hall scott gas motor that runs like new. I know where u can get all the brake part for those trucks. The name of the place is Palmer spring and it located in Providence RI and the number is 14013518300. There's also a guy i deal with in Limerick maine that should have the other frontend parts you are looking for. His number is 12077934267 and his name is steve mclean. Check out his web site it is www.s-a-mclean.com I also know a couple of other place you can try. Give me a call 7742695884

offroaddiesel

larry pm me as a reminder and i will make a phone call tomorrow,i know of a place not far from me that deals in old oshosh. a guy i know has an old one not sure of the model but made in 36 and still plows his road. steve

snowplow

Thanks Tim & SGM, I will contact both & hope to get lucky, I did see what looked like a 2206 on Steve's site! Tim, you may have a greater sickness than I if you have 2- 2206's although from what I have learned in the last year I have owned it & been searching for parts, they are very hard to find & Oshkosh has very few!
SGM if you have another contact, pls either pass to me, or contact him to see what he may have.
A used parts dealer I have been working with thought we could swap axels from a "P" serries to my truck, but Clarence at Oshkosh said will not work.
I will try to contact you this weekend Tim, thanks for the referal.

atgreene

I just bought a 1963 Oshkosh from Steve McLean.

I replaced the rear brake shoes through Brake Service in South Portland, Maine. They were awesome and had everything I needed. They said that there are able to match up most anything for this truck when it comes to brakes. I would assume any brake specialty place could do the same.

As for Steve, I was there yesterday getting parts. He has a pretty good collection, well worth the trip if you enjoy rusty iron and are in the area.

snowplow

I spoke to Steve 2 weeks ago, he said he had all the parts I need, but is busy keeping all the plow truck's running due to all the snow, when things slow down he will get me prices. Palmer spring did not have new brake parts other than wheel cilnders.
So after about 18 mos of looking I think I have found a source of parts to get it running. will keep you posted on how it goes. It has been way more expensive than I guessed when I bought it to fix it up. Should be a great truck once fixted, but poarts are very hard to find & expensive.

maxim

Out driving around and spied the tell tale outline of a Oshkosh 1970. Buried on the outback was a 1958 Oshkosh and a unkown vintage Walter being held captive the by very substance they were supposed to remove. Could not get the hoods up too much snow.
Data plates say ' do not exceed 38 mph'. Boy these things are bare bones.

Attachments

maxim said:
Out driving around and spied the tell tale outline of a Oshkosh 1970. Buried on the outback was a 1958 Oshkosh and a unkown vintage Walter being held captive the by very substance they were supposed to remove. Could not get the hoods up too much snow.
Data plates say ' do not exceed 38 mph'. Boy these things are bare bones.
you keep finding this stuff and i'm gonna half to bring my wrecker and spend a weekend at your place.

I know where a couple of these big boys are. they have been rebuilt and are pretty nice. BUT they are headed for china. via the scrapper. i will try to save them and part them out or whole them to some one. just hate to see them cut if someone can use parts and such. are there many different model's of these? i will try to get pics but they are not real close so it may be a bit. i know they have 24" wheels.

snowplow

There are very few places to get parts for the WT-2206's, in 18 mo's I found 1, so there is a market for parts for them, I know of at least 2 that were bought fro GL that are missing the same LF axle parts my truck is missing. I sure hope you can save them for parts if nothing else as there is no other source, Oshkosh has zipp!
They are very good strong trucks that will go a long time if maintained, but when you need parts, no source for other than filters, belts etc.
There is only 1 model of the wt-2206, made for the USAF in the 50's. Oshkosh makes a similar looking plow truck, but it is much lighter duty & parts will not swap, I think they are called P serries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks