• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our CTIS system are not really compatible with 3.07 gears

Reworked LMTV

I just realized something. Correct me if I am wrong. If you run high speed gears, in order to run at the maximum Goodyear MV/T speed (I have seen 65 and 68 mph ratings for max. speed), you have to be running 120 psi in tires (per Goodyear document). I don't think our CTIS systems run that high, unless modified. Makes sense, since higher pressure would reduce the heat. Would likely make for better handling and less wobbly side walls at higher speeds.

Anyone with 3.07's running 120 psi?

coachgeo

I just realized something. Correct me if I am wrong. If you run high speed gears, in order to run at the maximum Goodyear MV/T speed (I have seen 65 and 68 mph ratings for max. speed), you have to be running 120 psi in tires (per Goodyear document). I don't think our CTIS systems run that high, unless modified. Makes sense, since higher pressure would reduce the heat. Would likely make for better handling and less wobbly side walls at higher speeds.

Anyone with 3.07's running 120 psi?
Poor memory says my Mvt tires say 100psi max on the side of them. Am running 90psi

Reworked LMTV

Poor memory says my Mvt tires say 100psi max on the side of them. Am running 90psi
You are probably right. I will double check. When I get home I will get that Goodyear documentation that I found that mentioned the 120 psi.

Ronmar

weldergq692000

I just updated my transducer yesterday. It took less than 20 minutes for my tire pressure to adjust to 80 psi when the light stopped blinking on the controller. I did look in the old transducer and noticed a lot of crud which I took as the result of failure to the system.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also remember that those ratings are based on a FULLY LOADED tire. Running empty trucks around wouldn’t even come close to maxing out a tire.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

I just updated my transducer yesterday. It took less than 20 minutes for my tire pressure to adjust to 80 psi when the light stopped blinking on the controller. I did look in the old transducer and noticed a lot of crud which I took as the result of failure to the system.
This is one of the easiest mods to do and saves a TON of wear on your tires.

coachgeo

Also remember that those ratings are based on a FULLY LOADED tire. Running empty trucks around wouldn’t even come close to making out a tire.
We've all been desperate before...... but hope most in here will ever got to the point to of "making out (with) a tire"..... so I'm guessing you intended to mean something else when you wrote the above.

Last edited:

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the A1 trucks it's really easy to reprogram the CTIS controller and change only the High way setting for example. You can also reprogram the CTIS over-speed warning or turn it off completely. But you need to have the diagnostic tool for that.CTIS.jpg

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the A1 trucks it's really easy to reprogram the CTIS controller and change only the High way setting for example. You can also reprogram the CTIS over-speed warning or turn it off completely. But you need to have the diagnostic tool for that.
What plug/cable are you using? Any pics?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks